i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I'm new to hackintosh and I've built one following the buyer advice on this community with this configuration:

Asus Z370-F
Sapphire Pulse RX580 8 Giga
Ballistix 32 Gb (2x16)
Intel I7 8700K
Abwb 802.11AC Wi-Fi Bluetooth 4.0 PCI Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS
Corsair CX650M
Corsair H60 Water Cooling
Samsung MZ-V7E500BW SSD 970 EVO, 500 GB, M.2, NVMe
Crucial BX500 CT240BX500SSD1 SSD 240 GB, 3D NAND, SATA

I've set up everything on the MOBO, installed macOs high sierra 10.13.6 following some guide here and there. So I've installed windows 10 on the secondary SSD (BX500).
I have a problem with the graphics card:
If I boot with HDMI on the MOBO everything is fine, but if I plug the cable on the radeon card the result is a useless machine (see the img attached) and I cannot enter either in the bios config neither on clover boot loader. If I start the machine on windows (with HDMI plugged in the radeon card) I cannot see the bios or anything before windows starts, then everything is fine, so the GC is ok. I've tried to add the lilu and WhateverGreen kext and everything I've found around but everything I got is a useless machine and macOs will not start, so I've restored the EFI on the original state. Someone can help me with this? I've uploaded the EFI file I'm using, in case it can help.

Attachments

• IMG_5502.jpg
    IMG_5502.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • EFI.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 49
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,
I'm new to hackintosh and I've built one following the buyer advice on this community with this configuration:

Asus Z370-F
Sapphire Pulse RX580 8 Giga
Ballistix 32 Gb (2x16)
Intel I7 8700K
Abwb 802.11AC Wi-Fi Bluetooth 4.0 PCI Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS
Corsair CX650M
Corsair H60 Water Cooling
Samsung MZ-V7E500BW SSD 970 EVO, 500 GB, M.2, NVMe
Crucial BX500 CT240BX500SSD1 SSD 240 GB, 3D NAND, SATA

I've set up everything on the MOBO, installed macOs high sierra 10.13.6 following some guide here and there. So I've installed windows 10 on the secondary SSD (BX500).
I have a problem with the graphics card:
If I boot with HDMI on the MOBO everything is fine, but if I plug the cable on the radeon card the result is a useless machine (see the img attached) and I cannot enter either in the bios config neither on clover boot loader. If I start the machine on windows (with HDMI plugged in the radeon card) I cannot see the bios or anything before windows starts, then everything is fine, so the GC is ok. I've tried to add the lilu and WhateverGreen kext and everything I've found around but everything I got is a useless machine and macOs will not start, so I've restored the EFI on the original state. Someone can help me with this? I've uploaded the EFI file I'm using, in case it can help.

Wrong ig-platform-id set. Use 59120003 (for connectionless IGPU which means you do NOT attach any monitors to your motherboard video ports). Make sure that your BIOS is set with AMD card as Primary and Intel graphics as enabled (or multimonitor).

Motherboard
ASUS Z370F
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Wrong ig-platform-id set. Use 59120003 (for connectionless IGPU which means you do NOT attach any monitors to your motherboard video ports). Make sure that your BIOS is set with AMD card as Primary and Intel graphics as enabled (or multimonitor).

It's not that :(
I've changed the radeon card with another RX580 and... same problem.
I've boot with cable plugged in the HDMI port of the mobo, then set the bootloader with 3 second timer for the last working boot partition; If I change the cable on windows or macOs working to the graphic card it will work with no problem at all, recognized, fully performant etc etc. So the problem is only in the POST. PC is working, but the video output works for bios (or bootloader) only with mobo hdmi output, and only if the video card is unpowered. In the BIOS all setting seems ok, multimonitor enabled, PCIE as primary (or auto, tested both ways)...

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
There are lots of people here with Z370 motherboard + i7-8700K + RX580 working well.

If your BIOS & Bootloader output is ONLY on motherboard HDMI port while you have an RX580 plugged installed (even before any type of OS boots), then there's a problem with your motherboard BIOS/config.

I don't know your BIOS but there should be settings to explicitly use the PCIe GPU as the main/primary GPU and Intel GPU as secondary. There may be a setting for CSM which you can disable. Once those settings are saved, power down, unplug the monitor cable from the motherboard and plug it into the RX580. Power up and you should then see the BIOS output on the RX580. That is the basic function of the motherboard.

It could be that the RX580 does not POST on HDMI ports (which would be unusual) so you could get a DP-to-HDMI adapter and plug your HDMI monitor/TV to the first DP port on the RX580.

Motherboard
ASUS Z370F
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Problem solved: don't know why but the tv was unable to display anything before an OS if attached on a GC, with a normal monitor does not have a problem, such weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.