Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 590

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I intend to do... What I'm hoping out of the 590 is that it might help bring the prices of the other RX's down. I have no intention of buying the 590.

Why not just buy a good brand of 580 and overclock it then ? Doesn't make sense to pay $280 for a slightly higher clocked card that you can get for $199 right now. I would buy the best 580 available that works with macOS and overclock it. This is just a way for AMD to generate hype and make more sales.

Is there a program to overclock a rx580 under macOS?

Is there a program to overclock a rx580 under macOS?

Not that I know of. The best Windows App is MSI afterburner. People overclock the 580 to get better gaming performance when running Windows primarily. Using a 580 with macOS doesn't require any overclock for general use. One thing you could try to overclock a 580 in macOS is Paralells for macOS. Tune the card with Afterburner when running Windows in a VM via the paralells app.

You could use the 14 day free trial of Paralells and test it out. The MSI app is free.

https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/#compare

Last edited:
Some of the tech tubers I've been watching suggest its basically a higher clocked 580, so there is always hope.

It works, I picked one up today the PowerColor Red Devil RX 590 it has increased performance and works OOB like other RX cards.

It works, I picked one up today the PowerColor Red Devil RX 590 it has increased performance and works OOB like other RX cards.
Is it using the RadeonDefault FrameBuffer?

I have been watching this super closely... I want to try the 590 but not sure I want to be a pioneer.

The card is basically the same as the 580 with a die-shrink, but I'm not sure that macOS will be able to identify it and load the driver correctly...

580 prices may also stay the same and push 590 back over $300 for OEM cards.

It works! Geekbench compute from 145,000-160,000. Luxmark ball 15,500.

Is it using the RadeonDefault FrameBuffer?

I tested Orinoco with and without WEG kext it results in black screen on HDMI and DisplayPort. Haven’t tested DVI-D. I misspoke earlier it has 3 DP, 1 HDMIi and 1 DVI-D.

I've installed the sapphire 590 in Mojave 10.14.1 and it shows up as a 580 with 8000mb video ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back