Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 580 - Screen flashing during boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever found a fix??

I have the exact same setup, and I have a similar issue where I get static noise at Login, and have to unplug and plug back the cable in the back... very annoying
NO. Not found any work around.

I have not seen any issues regarding static noise.
Bad cable ?

NO. Not found any work around.

I have not seen any issues regarding static noise.
Bad cable ?
No, it does it with any cable in any port, HDMI, DP or DVI... I'm starting to wonder if the Mobo may be the problem; I have a second GPU on the way to test.

Ever found a fix??

I have the exact same setup, and I have a similar issue where I get static noise at Login, and have to unplug and plug back the cable in the back... very annoying

Try clover audio settings in boot menu resetHDA and AFGlowPowerstate.

So no solution at all ;

No it has happened since Sierra beta and the RX 460 which was the first Polaris card to work in MacOS.
You can use clover configutlrator and go to GUI and pick the Apple theme.

It boots in a white screen with a grey Apple and the flash is less noticeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, i had 3 cards, RX 560, RX 570, RX 470. All behave the same, flashing during the second stage of booting, now with 10.14.5 beta 2, i get more glitches (a few colorful lines on the top, and then flash) at the second stage boot.

This is a known issue with RX series cards, it even does this on a real Mac.

No it has happened since Sierra beta and the RX 460 which was the first Polaris card to work in MacOS.
You can use clover configutlrator and go to GUI and pick the Apple theme.

It boots in a white screen with a grey Apple and the flash is less noticeable.

Not only flickering during boot ; but there's a WOOH sound coming from gpu fans like speed overloading

Not only flickering during boot ; but there's a WOOH sound coming from gpu fans like speed overloading

That Wooh is a new issue brought to you by 10.14.4

Last edited by a moderator:
That Wooh is a new issue brought to you by 10.14.4

That wooh sound is good it means you have initiation of the card. When it doesn’t wooh it won’t have acceleration. Back in Sierra beta testing it was always good to hear that sound you knew you had the right plist edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back