Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 580 Sapphire 8GB Black Screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try another hdmi cable, maybe.

I tried different HDMI cable DP/HDMI same result.

When you see the black screen with cursor type your password and hit ENTER.

I can type my password then some verbose text come quick and go and after that stays black screen.
I can login but black screen stays.

I also tried your provided EFI with my friends GPU MSI Radeon R9 390 Gaming 8Gb, it boots nicely into Mojave.
If I boot in macOS Sierra RX 580 only WEG + LILU (clover graphics section empty) it works great.

Do you know what could be the difference between Sierra and Mojave in graphics?

I also tried install fresh install macOS HighSierra, result is same with Mojave black screen also in HighSierra.

I can type my password then some verbose text come quick and go and after that stays black screen.

I also tried your provided EFI with my friends GPU MSI Radeon R9 390 Gaming 8Gb, it boots nicely into Mojave.
If I boot in macOS Sierra RX 580 only WEG + LILU (clover graphics section empty) it works great.

I also tried install fresh install macOS HighSierra, result is same with Mojave black screen also in HighSierra.

Try Catalina.

1. Do a clear cmos by removing the power cord and battery from the motherboard
2. Redo the bios settings
3. When you see the apple logo keep pressing the SHIFT key then enter your password and ENTER. wait 10 seconds.
(this problem fix is from real macs)

Hello I'm pretty new to Hackintosh world, this is my first Hackintosh.

MB: GA-X38-DS5
CPU: Q9450
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB.

I have working system with mac OS Sierra.

In Sierra everything works great with RX 580 but in Mojave + RX580 couldn´t even get installer to work. (using HDMI port)

I found by reading forum post here that DP port should work.

After I plugged DP->HDMI adapter I was able to install Mojave.
After install when comes phase where to add account info (name, password etc.) I get black screen with cursor.

Only way to boot in to Mojave is to use safe mode.

I have tried with LILU + WEG and without WEG and have tried some patches from different forum post according to RX 580, but so far nothing have worked for me.

I tried frame buffer Orinoco, Ports = 5 and patch from here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...en-on-hdmi-and-dvi.267078/page-4#post-1906898

But still getting black screen and cursor after apple logo.

I noticed after Orinoco, Ports = 5 + patch I can use also HDMI port now, but can't get past black screen + cursor after apple logo.

I took screenshot in safe mode for information.

I don't know what to try next.
I would appreciate any help.

Seems like you been at this for a few days trying stuff having it not work. When ever I have issues I start with a fresh EFI From @pastrychef golden build (because I know all files will be unto date) and then I remove what ever I do not want. I have removed most everything and left it almost bare.

While I admit I have never Hackintoshed a Core Duo I recently hackinthoshed a Lynnfield I5 system using this very EFI. Try removing or backing up your current EFI and using the attached one. If it doesn't work I would suggest maybe going back to/staying with Sierra.

Make sure that you have pugged your monitor into the DP port on the left side when facing the rear of the case that is the one that is normally active without any extra work.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.3 MB · Views: 60
1. Do a clear cmos by removing the power cord and battery from the motherboard
2. Redo the bios settings
3. When you see the apple logo keep pressing the SHIFT key then enter your password and ENTER. wait 10 seconds.
(this problem fix is from real macs)

Thank you for helping, this solution didn't help, got black screen with a cursor.
This is tough one, don't want to let me boot in, only safe mode works with RX580 and Mojave.

Seems like you been at this for a few days trying stuff having it not work. When ever I have issues I start with a fresh EFI From @pastrychef golden build (because I know all files will be unto date) and then I remove what ever I do not want. I have removed most everything and left it almost bare.

While I admit I have never Hackintoshed a Core Duo I recently hackinthoshed a Lynnfield I5 system using this very EFI. Try removing or backing up your current EFI and using the attached one. If it doesn't work I would suggest maybe going back to/staying with Sierra.

Make sure that you have pugged your monitor into the DP port on the left side when facing the rear of the case that is the one that is normally active without any extra work.

Thank you for helping scottkendall.

Yeah bought this RX 580 exactly a week ago last Wednesday, first 4 days searching around for solution to get it work with Mojave, no success so far. Then I wrote here and asked help.

I tried your proved EFI folder.
Not working, because Clover bootloader shows only my external USB, mojave disk is not shown.

I made a DSDT.aml for your mobo. Your system definition is changed to iMac 9.1 because your old specs, aded -no_compat_check so you can boot.
Try with Clover inject AMD on and off, now its on.

Attachments

• trengoEFI Imac 9.1.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 53
I made a DSDT.aml for your mobo. Your system definition is changed to iMac 9.1 because your old specs, aded -no_compat_check so you can boot.
Try with Clover inject AMD on and off, now its on.

Thank you, tried this EFI

Inject ATI = true
HDMI --> Black screen
DP --> Black screen with cursor

Inject ATI = false
HDMI --> Black screen

Inject ATI = true
HDMI --> Black screen

Inject ATI = false
HDMI --> Black screen

Try to move the gpu in the second PCI Express slot.

Inject ATI = true
HDMI --> Black screen

Inject ATI = false
HDMI --> Black screen

Use this app and give me your RX 580 bios rom to look at it, you'll see your gpu on first page, click and save rom. Drop the app into mac apps.

Attachments

• DPCIManager.zip
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 18.37.54.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 18.37.54.png
    497.2 KB · Views: 76
Try to move the gpu in the second PCI Express slot.

I tried GPU to PCIe slot 2, same result black screen.

Use this app and give me your RX 580 bios rom to look at it, you'll see your gpu on first page, click and save rom. Drop the app into mac apps.

I opened DPCIManager in sierra to get this rom-file.

Attachments

• 1002_67df_e3531da2.rom.zip
    43.9 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back