Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 560 on 10.13.4 macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
RX 470 is the same as RX 570. I have RX 480s that work in Mojave betas. They are all Polaris10 with the same device ID 0x67DF1002. The 570 and 580 series are a refresh of the 470, 480 boards. The only difference is the frequency boost.
RX 460 and RX 560 are Polaris 12, 21 boards. Device IDs 0x67EF1002, and 0x67FF1002.

Below is the link to the first RX 460 in Sierra beta outside of Apple/AMD inside testing.
Link
Hi @Gigamaxx. Reviewing the publications I have noticed that among your hardware specifications, you have a construction similar to mine. I have a Pentium G3250 and an RX 470. I would like to know if you have any special configuration for your CPU and GPU? For my part I have only one FakeID for the CPU, but I have nothing injected for my GPU.

Hi @Gigamaxx. Reviewing the publications I have noticed that among your hardware specifications, you have a construction similar to mine. I have a Pentium G3250 and an RX 470. I would like to know if you have any special configuration for your CPU and GPU? For my part I have only one FakeID for the CPU, but I have nothing injected for my GPU.

Same here I use fake ID 0x0306A0, and nothing for graphics settings.

Same here I use fake ID 0x0306A0, and nothing for graphics settings.
Excellent. I have a problem that I could not solve completely. In Mojave my graphics work perfect, but when updating to Catalina I have noticed that the gradients and shadows are showing defects, as if they had a posterized effect. It is not very intense but it is notorious, especially it shows in the bottom of the Safari window. I have Mojave 10.14.6 in another volume and with the same Efi and it doesn't show that problem. Do you have any idea?

Excellent. I have a problem that I could not solve completely. In Mojave my graphics work perfect, but when updating to Catalina I have noticed that the gradients and shadows are showing defects, as if they had a posterized effect. It is not very intense but it is notorious, especially it shows in the bottom of the Safari window. I have Mojave 10.14.6 in another volume and with the same Efi and it doesn't show that problem. Do you have any idea?

Did you update to the latest lilu and WEG Kexts?

[QUOTE = "Gigamaxx, publicación: 2020781, miembro: 1606386"]
¿Actualizaste a los últimos Kexts lilu y WEG?
[/CITAR]
Yes

Did you update to the latest lilu and WEG Kexts?
Yes. In fact, I followed some recommendations of @Bustycat to use hackintool to patch the screen and that fixed the problem a bit but seeing in detail I noticed that it is still present. I don't know if the problem has to do with my screen or with Catalina, since as I mentioned before, in Mojave it works perfectly without applying any patch or anything special.

Yes. In fact, I followed some recommendations of @Bustycat to use hackintool to patch the screen and that fixed the problem a bit but seeing in detail I noticed that it is still present. I don't know if the problem has to do with my screen or with Catalina, since as I mentioned before, in Mojave it works perfectly without applying any patch or anything special.

Have you tried using the System Preferences display settings. I've heard of others using RGB option to fix their monitor issues. Catalina has less monitor options than Mojave in System Preferences. You may also try the color tab and calibrating your monitor.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 9.24.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 9.24.29 PM.png
    281.7 KB · Views: 73
Have you tried using the System Preferences display settings. I've heard of others using RGB option to fix their monitor issues. Catalina has less monitor options than Mojave in System Preferences. You may also try the color tab and calibrating your monitor.
Yes, I've tried it, I tried all the options, I even created a custom profile and nothing worked.

Yes, I've tried it, I tried all the options, I even created a custom profile and nothing worked.
This is the problem I have. The rendering of the blur is not correct, it seems a posterized. In general, gradients and shadows show the same defect.

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    376.4 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back