Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 560 on 10.13.4 macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Yes, the older hardware is possibly causing a problem. The nearest real Apple system to yours is a 2009 iMac (E8600 etc). However I think it used either Nvidia 9400M or ATI Radeon HD4670 for graphics.

You could experiment with different system-definitions. The iMac14,2 is usually a great choice. The 2009 iMac was iMac10,1 I believe. I have no idea if this would help, but it might be worth trying? (Remember to turn-off wi-fi while experimenting to avoid the new serial numbers getting sent to Apple. It might cause ID problems. If you get a system working you can "re-use" your original serial number etc...)

Good luck :thumbup:

Dear UtterDisbelief,

Thanks a lot once again. I will try and let you know.

Best regards.

Dear Stopeatingapple,
what a great answer is this!

Thank you very much, I will try your suggestions and let you know how it goes.

Very best regards
I tried the card on my x299 personal system and the method worked
this is just for Mojave, the card lags in High Sierra at the login screen
but it works without any glitch in Mojave

the card also works on EUFI MODE so is not bios only like some others users mentioned
I really hope that the method work for you

I you have any problem just clean install and start new

I came to confirmed that the method works on bios board and also in EUFI boards
I know some cards use different bios etc but if your problem was the black screen even having lilu and whatevegreen kext installed, then this might be the solution for you

remember to change the com.apple.telemetry.plugin file before booting the system
this is just for core2duo owners that are trying to boot mojave

you can access graphic injector from clover boot menu option
then select the 2 options and boot the system

if it works then make the changes in clover config file using clover configurator
that way you don't need to do that every time you boot the system

I hope it works for you, the card that I was using is a 4 gb gigabyte card

I have a rtx 2080 but i'm waiting for web drivers, I might get a 560 for me while I wait since I already know they work and how to make them work
I can probably get a 580 if I get one at a good price
I already spent too much money on my new build and all I need is a temporary card while I wait for web drivers

regards

Last edited:
I tried the card on my x299 personal system and the method worked
this is just for Mojave, the card lags in High Sierra at the login screen
but it works without any glitch in Mojave

the card also works on EUFI MODE so is not bios only like some others users mentioned
I really hope that the method work for you

I you have any problem just clean install and start new

I came to confirmed that the method works on bios board and also in EUFI boards
I know some cards use different bios etc but if your problem was the black screen even having lilu and whatevegreen kext installed, then this might be the solution for you

remember to change the com.apple.telemetry.plugin file before booting the system
this is just for core2duo owners that are trying to boot mojave

you can access graphic injector from clover boot menu option
then select the 2 options and boot the system

if it works then make the changes in clover config file using clover configurator
that way you don't need to do that every time you boot the system

I hope it works for you, the card that I was using is a 4 gb gigabyte card

I have a rtx 2080 but i'm waiting for web drivers, I might get a 560 for me while I wait since I already know they work and how to make them work
I can probably get a 580 if I get one at a good price
I already spent too much money on my new build and all I need is a temporary card while I wait for web drivers

regards

Dear stopeatingapple,

your suggestions actually work, thank you very much. Now I can boot with the usb installer, however I have no graphics acceleration and my graphic card is recognised by the system profiler as a Radeon Pro 555, which does not really match my model. Moreover, after a run of multibeast, (choosing 18,3 system definitions, installing Lilu, AppleALC and whatevergreen, and after the edit of the config.plist with Inject ATI and Load Bios), the system does not boot any longer and displays a message saying that my system does not support mojave. Nevertheless, the boot through the usb drive (with Inject ATI and Load Bios) still works (without graphic acceleration). Of course I replaced the mojave telemetry plugin with the high sierra one.

Do you have graphic acceleration in your system?

Dear stopeatingapple,

your suggestions actually work, thank you very much. Now I can boot with the usb installer, however I have no graphics acceleration and my graphic card is recognised by the system profiler as a Radeon Pro 555, which does not really match my model. Moreover, after a run of multibeast, (choosing 18,3 system definitions, installing Lilu, AppleALC and whatevergreen, and after the edit of the config.plist with Inject ATI and Load Bios), the system does not boot any longer and displays a message saying that my system does not support mojave. Nevertheless, the boot through the usb drive (with Inject ATI and Load Bios) still works (without graphic acceleration). Of course I replaced the mojave telemetry plugin with the high sierra one.

Do you have graphic acceleration in your system?
yes

for the installer you don't need to select the 2 options but you do need to select the 2 options to boot the system after Mojave is installed

can you upload your EFI folder
remove your serial number and mlb rom before uploading your EFI folder

I think it has to be something missing in the config file
does the card shows 4096 mb in system profiler or it just shows 3 or 7 mb only

Sorry,

how can I remove serial number and mlb rom?

the card shows 4096 MB

May I upload the EFI folder as a zipped file?

May I upload the EFI folder as a zipped file?
sure

open your config file with clover configurator and go to the smbios bios section, I think that what is called, i'm not in front of the computer right now, but i'm going to setup both system tonight to then make a Carbon Copy Clone image backup of each drive, i'll keep on eye on this threat tonight, be back later

sure

open your config file with clover configurator and go to the smbios bios section, I think that what is called, i'm not in front of the computer right now, but i'm going to setup both system tonight to then make a Carbon Copy Clone image backup of each drive, i'll keep on eye on this threat tonight, be back later

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 4.16.17 PM.png

Here is my spec,

indeed it is a 14,2 but I don't know why since I selected 18,3 in multibeast. The clover configurator image as suggested by Gigamaxx, whom I thank, is empty just like the image he posted. Another detail is that clover configurator cannot mount the EFI partition. Now I am booting via the usb installer.

Attachments

• IMG_5884.JPG
    IMG_5884.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 61
And here is my EFI.

I would also like to tell that for the network I have always used AttansicL1eEthernet.kext whereas for the audio now I am using AppleALC + Lilu. The network works well, the audio does not seem to have controls, even the icon on the top bar doesn't work and the volume has to be adjusted from audio system settings.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back