Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 560 on 10.13.4 macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
try the attached zip and see if Hardware acceleration is fully supported

w/o using those 59120003 etc settings, I believe hardware acceleration is working fine:

GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen95

Hardware acceleration is fully supported

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Safari is fine for me using id: 0x59120003, flags shikigva=4, -rad4200

and no change with those either. (although I'm keeping 0x59120003, seems to be the correct value).

Hi, update on my efforts.

I did a fresh install with no RX installed, all worked, but no acceleration and wrong Intel card reported, messed about for ages before realising that my system (built many years ago) did not have the i7-3770 cpu, but the i7-2600 ! doh

Made some edits to config.plist and the RX 560 booted perfect with non of the methods suggested in post 1

Very happy

Checked prices on ebay and found selling my i7-2600 and purchasing a i7-3770k would be a cheap upgrade.

i7-3770k arrived, one system strip down and cpu install, edit config.plist to have

InjectIntel
IntelGFX= (empty)
ig-platform-id = 0x01620007

Intel HD4000 boot fine, acceleration working.

Changed bios so initial device is PEG, iGPU enabled.

Boot to RX 560 booting with -v all goes well till i would expect the apple logo and load bar to appear then log on screen, but screen just goes black!

Odd that it booted ok with i7-2600 ?

Could try with the suggestions in post one, but seems that it should boot fine without these, so not sure why it is not working now, but did with i7-2600?

any ideas

Thanks

current plist attached

Attachments

• rx560-notbooting-config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 201
at the end of the loading bar the screen will go black and the GPU will rev up as the drivers are loaded.
are you using evergreen or just radeondeint?, framebuffer? im using acre

what about using iMac14,3?

Hi, not using evergreen or radeondeint, not sure what setting framebuffer is?

May give 14.3 a try.

thanks

Hi, not using evergreen or radeondeint, not sure what setting framebuffer is?

May give 14.3 a try.

thanks

Hi there,

14,2 should be fine.

Try either RadeonDeInit = true

OR

Place the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

The problem most likely *is* the deinitialisation one when the boot sequence doesn't switch from iGPU to discrete, giving a black screen.

:)

Hi there,

14,2 should be fine.

Try either RadeonDeInit = true

OR

Place the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

The problem most likely *is* the deinitialisation one when the boot sequence doesn't switch from iGPU to discrete, giving a black screen.

Hi, did try RadeonDeInit = true, but no joy.

Will try again, and then give Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts a try.

Though bit flummoxed as to why it booted to RX560 without these when have i7-2600 installed?

thanks

Hi all there, I used to boot with WEG, but IORreg gives me some generic FB. Today I decided to play with my card and finally have success. I'm able to boot with the following patch, made by me following this excellent
guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ebuffers-for-high-sierra-using-clover.235409/, then found the same by @bortoni here #45

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AAQAAAQDAAAAAQEBAAAAABECAgEAAAAAAAgAAAQCAAAA
                AQIAAAAAACEDBQQAAAAABAAAAAQCAAAAAQMAAAAAAAAA
                AwUAAAAA
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AMD9500Controller</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AAQAAAQDAAAAAQIAAAAAABECBQEAAAAAAAgAAAQCAAAA
                AQEAAAAAACEDAwQAAAAABAAAAAQCAAAAAQMAAAAAABAA
                BAUAAAAA
                </data>
            </dict>

which gives me acre framebuffer with correct connectors.
Using radeon deinit = true, inject ati, added Acre string with clover, no WEG.
The only thing is card is recognised as Radeon Pro 555 4096 MB, but I can live with it :)

Last edited:
Hi, did try RadeonDeInit = true, but no joy.

Will try again, and then give Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts a try.

Though bit flummoxed as to why it booted to RX560 without these when have i7-2600 installed?

thanks

Well I never owned these CPUs but I've just checked Intel Ark and it seems the i7-2600 had an HD 2000 iGPU and the i7-3770k had an HD 4000 iGPU.

I'm no expert on these two variants, but maybe that's a pointer to the difference in behaviour swapping from boot graphics to main PCI-e RX 560 output etc.

I'll be interested to see how you get on with the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Well I never owned these CPUs but I've just checked Intel Ark and it seems the i7-2600 had an HD 2000 iGPU and the i7-3770k had an HD 4000 iGPU.

I'm no expert on these two variants, but maybe that's a pointer to the difference in behaviour swapping from boot graphics to main PCI-e RX 560 output etc.

I'll be interested to see how you get on with the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts. :thumbup:

Would have thought that if it worked with older cpu/graphics it would work with later better supported one!

Seems not, tried Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts but boots with error in attached photo, tried adding deinit, but then just boots to black screen.

Should not that when making changes system often boots with kernel cache error, a reboot normally cures this.

Resized pictures - 1.jpg

Hi, ok using option 2 from OP i can get it to boot ok until the apple logo and load bar should appear, but they don't?

Must be missing something in my settings!

Here is config.plist i tried.

Note did try deinit.

Attachments

• rx560-hd4000-config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 221
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back