Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 560 on 10.13.4 macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only difference I see is that you have <key>RadeonDeInit</key> <false/>, I have deleted it entirely.
And change MEI to IMEI is necessary? Take a look at the boot log Patching DSDT:, it might say "already patched!"

Yes, you're right about MEI to IMEI, thanks for suggestion.
About RadeonDeInit key/value - deleted and still no success.
Probably my card is little different....

Edit:
I'm going to buy DVI cable soon and will test again with DVI port and report then.
One more thing: method 1 gives me very long boot time - about a minute or so and ends with black screen, while method 2 and 3 are very fast - about 30 secs. Still method 2 and 3 gives me black screen from 50% boot up to login screen, then signal goes on;

Thanks.

Last edited:
Can someone with fully working system post exactly how the config.plist should be configured to utilize IGPU and Radeon RX 560. Also please include which kexts should be installed. I am planning to reinstall 10.13.4 from scratch. looking to ensure that I can use HD630 in connectionless mode and attach only the RX 560 HDMI port to 4k TV. I usually use the VNC to access the computer.
Anyone with a working system, if possible please share your full configuration. Thanks in advance.

Can someone with fully working system post exactly how the config.plist should be configured to utilize IGPU and Radeon RX 560. Also please include which kexts should be installed. I am planning to reinstall 10.13.4 from scratch. looking to ensure that I can use HD630 in connectionless mode and attach only the RX 560 HDMI port to 4k TV. I usually use the VNC to access the computer.
Anyone with a working system, if possible please share your full configuration. Thanks in advance.
This is my config, kexts: just FakeSMC, MAusiethernet and USBinjectall. iGPU active in bios. Everything working! The only thing you should add is the 10.13.4 USB port limit patch. I don't have it cause I mapped my usb ports in a SSDT

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 256
This is my config, kexts: just FakeSMC, MAusiethernet and USBinjectall. iGPU active in bios. Everything working! The only thing you should add is the 10.13.4 USB port limit patch. I don't have it cause I mapped my usb ports in a SSDT
This must be the first "mine is shorter" competition:)
If you have ssdt for usb, why do you still use usbinjectall?

"You can use this kext (temporarily) to enable all ports so you can determine which ports really need to be in the final injector."
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/blob/master/README.md
The guide say: Creating custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

So it seems like the SSDT works in conjunction with USBInjectall, but I might be wrong...

I think the kext injects all the enabled usb ports in the SSDT...so if the ports are less than 15 you're safe

EDIT (yes, it's like that): USBInjectAll.kext is coded in a data driven way. Nothing is hard-coded in the kext code itself. All data is contained in the Info.plist. When USBInjectAll.kext starts, matching on EH01/EH02/XHC, or the internal hubs connected to EH01/EH02 port 1, it consults the configuration data in Info.plist as related to the device it has attached to and injects the data it finds there. But an SSDT can be used to override the data in the Info.plist.

Last edited:
Found AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext (google for it), and I can boot without problem with very clear config - no InjectATI, no InjectIntel, no WEG, no AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch. System boot very fast, HDMI working, no HDMI audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back