Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 560 on 10.13.4 macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I've recently switched from GT1030 to AMD Saphire Pulse RX560 4GB OC and have some questions:
Although my card works flawlessly (IMO) with every method listed in post #1, I'm still unclear which method is preferred. Also I only get Acre framebuffer with InjectATI - is this normal?

Could someone advice me do I need Acre framebuffer at all if I only use HDMI (no sound). And last - I'm getting black screen after 50% boot then it goes on at login screen. This happened with every method I use - is it normal for this card?
My IGPU is turned on via BIOS, PEG first.
Here is my Clover/kexts/other, using method #3, not sure if IntelGraphicsFixup is necessary?

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 19.10.40.png

Last edited:
I'm still unclear which method is preferred.
I prefer Inject ATI because I don't need DP audio and I would have to disable it with a boot flag when using WhateverGreen.
Acre framebuffer is normal, as far as I understood (see #111)
I've noticed the black screen related to login screen just once, but I usually disable the login screen immediately after installation.
If you don't want to use IntelGraphicsFixup, you should have DSDT Patches: GFX0 to IGPU, HECI to IMEI, PEGP to GFX0 and boot argument -disablegfxfirmware
I've attached my config.plist which has Inject ATI and I'm using with just two kexts: FakeSMC.kext & IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.1 KB · Views: 164
...and I'm using with just two kexts: FakeSMC.kext & IntelMausiEthernet.kext

wow !
I had to "skip" the intel IGP because itunes started to crash incl. weird text all over the menu.
Now I have the RX560 alone and the 3 kexts intelgraphicfix, Lilu+whatevergreen. No problem with sleep or any progy I use...

Maybe I'll give your config + lesser kexts a try.
@ bogdanw Which smbios are you using, iMac 17 or 18 ?

I prefer Inject ATI because I don't need DP audio and I would have to disable it with a boot flag when using WhateverGreen.
Acre framebuffer is normal, as far as I understood (see #111)
I've noticed the black screen related to login screen just once, but I usually disable the login screen immediately after installation.
If you don't want to use IntelGraphicsFixup, you should have DSDT Patches: GFX0 to IGPU, HECI to IMEI, PEGP to GFX0 and boot argument -disablegfxfirmware
I've attached my config.plist which has Inject ATI and I'm using with just two kexts: FakeSMC.kext & IntelMausiEthernet.kext
is your AirPlay working?
What is your BIOS settings and what is this boot argument -disablegfxfirmware?
are you just using InjectATI no any method from your post #1?

Last edited:
Which smbios are you using, iMac 17 or 18 ?
is your AirPlay working?
What is your BIOS settings and what is this boot argument -disablegfxfirmware?
are you just using InjectATI no any method from your post #1?
- I have Intel Graphics enabled in BIOS;
- SMBIOS iMac 18,2 (matches my CPU);
- occasionally iTunes crashes, but I use the alternative version 12.6.4.3 for iOS apps;
- I don't use AirPlay or sleep and I have an USB audio card;
- only PEGP to GFX0 and Inject ATI in config.plist are for RX 560, no other kexts or patches;
- disablegfxfirmware is for iGPU on Kaby Lake, don't think it's necessary for i7 6700K;

Thank you @bogdanw for your response.
Obviously I was wrong saying that my card is working with every method from #1 - Inject ATI working only if I have AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch. I've forgot it in my config and in result it booted both with InjectATI and method 3.
Only InjectATI (no IntelGraphicsFixup, + GFX0 to IGPU, PEGP to GFX0 etc) gives me black screen after boot.

I think I'll stick with method 3 and I'm looking for a way to properly inject Acre without clover InjectATI.

Only InjectATI (no IntelGraphicsFixup, + GFX0 to IGPU, PEGP to GFX0 etc) gives me black screen after boot.
That is strange, we have the same CPU & GPU. Do you use a different SMBIOS? I don't have it set in config.plist, as Clover sets it based on the CPU.

That is strange, we have the same CPU & GPU. Do you use a different SMBIOS? I don't have it set in config.plist, as Clover sets it based on the CPU.

Indeed. As per your config I've also checked InjectIntel - black screen, then have unchecked InjectIntel - same result - black screen but computer is working.

I'm using iMac18,2. Here is my config, note AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy is disabled for the test.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 229
Here is my config
The only difference I see is that you have <key>RadeonDeInit</key> <false/>, I have deleted it entirely.
And change MEI to IMEI is necessary? Take a look at the boot log Patching DSDT:, it might say "already patched!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back