Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 560 on 10.13.4 macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my spec,

indeed it is a 14,2 but I don't know why since I selected 18,3 in multibeast. The clover configurator image as suggested by Gigamaxx, whom I thank, is empty just like the image he posted. Another detail is that clover configurator cannot mount the EFI partition. Now I am booting via the usb installer.

Clover Configurator in Symbios has those arrows on the right side just below the ? mark(up and down). If you click on them it will allow you to choose many options.

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 11.02.52 PM.png

And here is my EFI.

I would also like to tell that for the network I have always used AttansicL1eEthernet.kext whereas for the audio now I am using AppleALC + Lilu. The network works well, the audio does not seem to have controls, even the icon on the top bar doesn't work and the volume has to be adjusted from audio system settings.

Give this a try.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21 MB · Views: 86
I’m back sorry but I’m doing like 20,000 things at once, also Mojave 10.14.2 update came out today
Maybe I shouldn’t have spoken to soon , I feel very bad
I hate having to give good people bad news
I find out what the problem is

The method works but only on EUFI boards

I did the exact same thing with both systems, clean install Mojave and at boot I was having the black screen
So when I finally bypassed the black screen I was very happy and I wanted to share with the ones that were having the same problem

but since I’m used to Nvidia glitch and broken graphics
I didn’t notice that the bios board doesn’t have acceleration until later today
It was my mistake because as soon as the old system loaded
I turn it off and started working on my system right away
since the card was working perfectly fine on my system, I thought that I will do the same on the other system
since I did both the same way

The card work flawlessly in Mojave the way I described but it requires a EUFI board
It seems like the old bios board is missing some features but I will say that is missing the most obvious “EUFI support”

Here are some pictures for you to see the differences between both systems
I did exactly the same thing in both systems but the EUFI board is the only one that has acceleration and properly recognized the card

Also the big difference is that the EUFI board has metal support enable while the bios board doesn’t
Yes you can boot the system but the card can’t work the way it should because the old board is not EUFI and metal is not enable

I guess Mojave needs an EUFI board
If anyone can confirm , if you have a bios board running Mojave with metal support please post the picture
Maybe a newer bios board will be able to run Mojave but I will say that the 775 might not be compatible
Running an EUFI board in legacy mode is not the same as a bios only board

Also there are some drivers in clover that are only for EUFI mode , maybe one of those drivers is need it for the legacy bios
But EUFI drivers does not work in BIOS boards and those features are only for EUFI boards, that’s why the equivalent does not exist in bios driver

Well my apologies
The card works using that method but it requires an EUFI board because it doesn’t fully work on bios board
Because there it seems to be a limitation in the bios firmware

Once again my apologies
If I find out anything I will come back and tell you
Hope you understand , once again sorry for the confusion but is clear now

I’m back sorry but I’m doing like 20,000 things at once, also Mojave 10.14.2 update came out today
Maybe I shouldn’t have spoken to soon , I feel very bad
I hate having to give good people bad news
I find out what the problem is

The method works but only on EUFI boards

I did the exact same thing with both systems, clean install Mojave and at boot I was having the black screen
So when I finally bypassed the black screen I was very happy and I wanted to share with the ones that were having the same problem

but since I’m used to Nvidia glitch and broken graphics
I didn’t notice that the bios board doesn’t have acceleration until later today
It was my mistake because as soon as the old system loaded
I turn it off and started working on my system right away
since the card was working perfectly fine on my system, I thought that I will do the same on the other system
since I did both the same way

The card work flawlessly in Mojave the way I described but it requires a EUFI board
It seems like the old bios board is missing some features but I will say that is missing the most obvious “EUFI support”

Here are some pictures for you to see the differences between both systems
I did exactly the same thing in both systems but the EUFI board is the only one that has acceleration and properly recognized the card

Also the big difference is that the EUFI board has metal support enable while the bios board doesn’t
Yes you can boot the system but the card can’t work the way it should because the old board is not EUFI and metal is not enable

I guess Mojave needs an EUFI board
If anyone can confirm , if you have a bios board running Mojave with metal support please post the picture
Maybe a newer bios board will be able to run Mojave but I will say that the 775 might not be compatible
Running an EUFI board in legacy mode is not the same as a bios only board

Also there are some drivers in clover that are only for EUFI mode , maybe one of those drivers is need it for the legacy bios
But EUFI drivers does not work in BIOS boards and those features are only for EUFI boards, that’s why the equivalent does not exist in bios driver

Well my apologies
The card works using that method but it requires an EUFI board because it doesn’t fully work on bios board
Because there it seems to be a limitation in the bios firmware

Once again my apologies
If I find out anything I will come back and tell you
Hope you understand , once again sorry for the confusion but is clear now

Dear stopeatingapple,

thank you for your kind message. You don't need to apologise because testing is always a work in progress and it may happen that one has to change his ideas. You are welcome. I will also keep testing and let you know. At the beginning of this post I was trying to install high sierra because somebody seems to have succeeded in doing so! Mojave would have been great, but high sierra is also very good until I upgrade my system.

Anyway it has been a pleasure to communicate with you.

Best regards.

Give this a try.

Dear Gigamaxx,
thank you for your reply. It seems that your attachment is no longer available. Could you please upload it again?

Best regards

Last edited:
Dear Gigamaxx,
thank you for your reply. It seems that your attachment is no longer available. Could you please upload it again?

Best regards

Here you go.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21 MB · Views: 84
Here you go.

thanks a lot! Meanwhile I experienced that the system normally boots mojave without Lilu and Whatevergreen, it is enough to select InjectATI and LoadVBios. However no graphics acceleration! Now I will try your EFI.

hi it’s me again sorry but I was overloaded yesterday and I haven’t got that much sleep the last 4 nights
When I went to bed this morning I think I made some interesting discoveries before I felt to sleep
Maybe the whole problem is just the telemetry file that is being changed in order to boot Mojave with core2duo

what came after the core2duo, if I remember correctly it was the core2quad
So the method need to be tested with a bios board with a core2quad cpu or newer
Maybe I’m wrong but just because the core2duo is missing some instructions sets maybe that why is causing the problem
Also I will try to match my main system smbios definition or downgrade my main system to match the old board smbios definition

Just to check if is just a mismatch problem but the problem can be just what I suspected from the beginning
But I will run 2 more test today just to discard any possibility
The last test needs to be run by any member who has a bios board and core2quard or newer that way the person can boot Mojave without having to change the telemetry file, that way we will know for sure if it works on bios boards or not

But we need a bios board that can boot Mojave without having to change the telemetry file and for that it has to be a core2quard or newer

Hope you guys understand what I’m trying to say be back later tonight with the results
Never give up never surrender

ok finished testing and I changed the old board smbios to iMac Pro and I was able to boot but still no acceleration
I change the smbios in the EUFI board to matched the smbios of the bios board and I still have acceleration
so that shoots the smbios theory out the windows

so it has to be the CPU that's why we have to change the telemetry file
yes we are able to boot the system but still some features are missing

so even if we have a supported card maybe the features that are missing from the CPU or the instructions set are necessary or need it in order to activate metal support

or is just that bios boards are simply incompatible with Mojave
when it comes to Graphic cards acceleration

anyway anyone with a core2quad or newer can easily test this and report back
for now is just EUFI only until further testing is done in bios only boards

regards and merry Christmas

thanks a lot! Meanwhile I experienced that the system normally boots mojave without Lilu and Whatevergreen, it is enough to select InjectATI and LoadVBios. However no graphics acceleration! Now I will try your EFI.

Dear Gigamaxx,

your EFI does not work for me! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back