Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 560 on 10.13.4 macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you already have because you installed Whatevergreen. Back in the "old days" an unsupported AMD GPU gave a black screen during the boot process up until the log-in screen. There is a lot of discussion here about the reasons.

I haven't seen any extra options in my BIOS for DP output, only the Internal-GPU or PCI-e GPU. For my system I have the iGPU set to Auto, which means it is basically Off when the OS kicks-in, and PCI-e Initialising first. With Whatevergreen (or Radeon De-Init set in config.plist) the black screen problem is mostly cured. However as you have installed Lilu and Whatevergreen it must be some other setting.:crazy:

I would check what spec your DP monitor has (1.1 or 1.2 etc) and then do some searching here to see if anyone can offer guidance from personal experience etc.

:)
Thanks. I have not installed de-init in config.plist yet. Will try later.

I think you already have because you installed Whatevergreen. Back in the "old days" an unsupported AMD GPU gave a black screen during the boot process up until the log-in screen. There is a lot of discussion here about the reasons.

I haven't seen any extra options in my BIOS for DP output, only the Internal-GPU or PCI-e GPU. For my system I have the iGPU set to Auto, which means it is basically Off when the OS kicks-in, and PCI-e Initialising first. With Whatevergreen (or Radeon De-Init set in config.plist) the black screen problem is mostly cured. However as you have installed Lilu and Whatevergreen it must be some other setting.:crazy:

I would check what spec your DP monitor has (1.1 or 1.2 etc) and then do some searching here to see if anyone can offer guidance from personal experience etc.

De-init did not do it. (Is it de-init and what evergreen or one or the other?) The monitor manufacturer claims that it is DP 1.2, so that rules out the 1.1 being the cause. I cannot try HDMI due to the fact that the HDMI port on the monitor is fried. Will continue to peruse the forum. I may go back to the GTX 1050 if this cannot be solved :(

De-init did not do it. (Is it de-init and what evergreen or one or the other?) The monitor manufacturer claims that it is DP 1.2, so that rules out the 1.1 being the cause. I cannot try HDMI due to the fact that the HDMI port on the monitor is fried. Will continue to peruse the forum. I may go back to the GTX 1050 if this cannot be solved :(

Have you tried nvidiafixupkext? Its been reported enable all ports for AMD cards as well.

Another question, is this correct?
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>NvidiaSingle</key>
<false/>
<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<true/>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x59120000</string>

Have you tried nvidiafixupkext? Its been reported enable all ports for AMD cards as well.
It was in kext>other but I removed it to see if that would help. Did not though.

Actually, it is still in L/E but not in "other"

Another question, is this correct?
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>NvidiaSingle</key>
<false/>
<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<true/>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x59120000</string>

Try 0x59120001.

Actually, it is still in L/E but not in "other"

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext needs to be in the same location as Lilu.kext.

Try 0x59120001.

Mojave public beta is out! Oddly my RX 460 only works with Displayport.

Try 0x59120001.

Ok, put NVIDIAGraphicfixip back in “other” and changed 0x59120000 to 0x59120001. No change. I saw a post that claims that ATI should be true?

Try 0x59120001.

Here's the config.plist. Maybe I'm missing something else there? Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back