Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 560 on 10.13.4 macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same Gigabyte GPU. Try using iMac14,2 and see how things go. I don't get any black screen problems (with or without Lilu and Whatevergreen).

:)
As I have Skylake config, so I rather stay on 17,1 to get all cpu states :p I found simple solution:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>(c)Pike R. Alpha</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
Ym9hcmQtaXg=
</data>
</dict>

This patch will fix all problems with black screen on SMBIOS like MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17, now I don't need any kext, GPU working fine, of course no DP audio (but I don't need it)

Guys, is your AirPlay works? I tried Toleda guide but it doesn't work me?

This patch will fix all problems with black screen on SMBIOS like MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17, now I don't need any kext, GPU working fine, of course no DP audio (but I don't need it)
What is the difference between this patch and the one proposed by brixx?

What is the difference between this patch and the one proposed by brixx?
To bo honest, I don't know, for me this seems like those are two different patches, but mine is only for fixing blank screen for MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 :|

To bo honest, I don't know, for me this seems like those are two different patches, but mine is only for fixing blank screen for MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 :|
Just like the other patch, it's creating phantom ports.
Pike R. Alpha patch.jpg
Nevertheless, I'll added to the first post for diversity of methods.

I am having issues now with random reboots which I believe are related to some changes I made in my config.plist for my RX 560.

I am having issues now with random reboots which I believe are related to some changes I made in my config.plist for my RX 560.
Have you looked at the report after the reboot? It should say what caused it. Upload the config.plist, more eyes might see a mistake faster than two :)

Has anyone got an MSI low profile RX 560 4GB OC working? I've got the SkylakeEX i9-7980ex so playing with the SMBios is not much of an option. It has to stay iMacPro 1,1. I get black screen when it should be giving me the logon screen no matter what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back