Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys,

I really appreciate some help and thanks in advance.

My gpu acceleration on Final Cut is like zero. Someone can help me?

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 14.06.54.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 14.02.31.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 14.02.40.png

My configuration is:

Motherboard Gigabyte Z390-M-GAMING
Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake, Cache 12MB, 3.7GHz (4.7GHz Max Turbo), LGA 1151
SSD Kingston A2000, 1TB, M.2 2280
NVMe Vídeo Sapphire Radeon RX 590 Pulse Dual, 8G
HyperX Fury, 32GB, 2666MHz, DDR4, CL16, Preto - HX426C16FB3/8

Thank you guys.

Last edited:
Hello Guys,

I really appreciate some help and thanks in advance.

My gpu acceleration on Final Cut is like zero. Someone can help me?

View attachment 489954

View attachment 489957
View attachment 489959

My configuration is:

Motherboard Gigabyte Z390-M-GAMING
Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake, Cache 12MB, 3.7GHz (4.7GHz Max Turbo), LGA 1151
SSD Kingston A2000, 1TB, M.2 2280
NVMe Vídeo Sapphire Radeon RX 590 Pulse Dual, 8G
HyperX Fury, 32GB, 2666MHz, DDR4, CL16, Preto - HX426C16FB3/8

Thank you guys.

See my post in this thread.

I can't success :( Radeon RX 5500 XT 4 GB I am using open core I can't enable...:(

Can somebody help me? I have an AMD RX 550 4GB, i used device proporties to inject it and disabled my NVidia 2080ti (at 1. PCIE slot), the AMD is on the 3. slot. In hackintool is written, that acceleration is supported, but videoproc doesnt show this. What i should do?

Hi...
Build : Gigabyte Z490 UD AC, i7-10700, Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB Lite Edition.

My friend's system freezing and crashing while exporting video in Filmora or Any video editing softwares... 1 hr 15 minute video duration...

iGPU Enabled.. Video ProC shows UHD 630 Hardware Encoding supported. But crashing while exporting in Filmora..

Any solution!

I can use some expertise from the experts. My goal is HEVC/H264 encoding support in FCPX (10.5) and the RX 570 is being recognized as such in FCP as render/share GPU) with the RX570 and EX58-UD5 via OpenCore. System is stable and recognizes the card without problem in Big Sur. All kexts are up to date and I use MacPro1.1 in SMBios. Did already my EFI but still no HEVC/H264 (tested with Videoproc).

Looking at my config.plist I see a difference in system definition in /root/SMBIOS and Platforminfo/Generic. Is that this issue or I there something else I forgot here ?

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.3 KB · Views: 61
  • EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 81
I can use some expertise from the experts. My goal is HEVC/H264 encoding support in FCPX (10.5) and the RX 570 is being recognized as such in FCP as render/share GPU) with the RX570 and EX58-UD5 via OpenCore. System is stable and recognizes the card without problem in Big Sur. All kexts are up to date and I use MacPro1.1 in SMBios. Did already my EFI but still no HEVC/H264 (tested with Videoproc).

Looking at my config.plist I see a difference in system definition in /root/SMBIOS and Platforminfo/Generic. Is that this issue or I there something else I forgot here ?

First of all, HEVC encoding on RX5xx GPU does NOT work with FCPX or Compressor, only H.264 works (even with iMacPro1,1 Model ID). H/W decode of both H.264 & HEVC works fine.
It does work with VideoProc. VideoProc will use the RX570 for encoding H.264 & H.265 (HEVC) but not Apple's Apps.

Secondly, your config.plist is screwed up - it's a combination of Clover & OC :lol:
Had you used a DEBUG version and turned on DEBUG, you will have noticed the warnings.

You have not read the OC manual (Configuration.pdf) document.
For EVERY item/variable you put in the config.plist, you should SEARCH the manual and understand what it does.
AFTER you have made changes to the config.plist file and BEFORE you boot your system, you should VALIDATE your config.plist with the OC utility called OCVALIDATE which you will find in OC's utilities/ocvalidate folder. It's a terminal command to which you provide the config.plist file as the parameter. It will list any issues it finds in the config.plist.
There's even an online sanity checker that you can use (though not as accurate as ocvalidate utility).

Each version of OC comes with it's own configuration.pdf document and ocvalidate utility and they should be respectively read and used with every version you download or build yourself.
There's even a differences.pdf document that details what has changed from the previous version.
Remember, OC is not finished and it evolves/changes on an hourly/daily basis.

Issues with your config.list:
  1. In ACPI, there's no AutoMerge, DisableASPM, FixHeaders, HaltEnabler, PatchAPIC in OC (that's Clover)
  2. There's no GUI variable in OC (that's Clover)
  3. There's no RtVariables variable in OC (that's Clover)
  4. Under DeviceProperties, you have added GPU device properties INCORRECTLY. Read the manual
  5. There's no SMBIOS variable outside of PlatformInfo variable in OC (that's Clover).
    In OC, SMBIOS is under PlatformInfo and it's ONLY used if Generic is set to FALSE
    You have set Generic to TRUE, which means SMBIOS will NOT be used by OC (even if was in the correct place).
    Using SMBIOS (to manually set the values is NOT recommended).
    Your Generic is used and in there you have set the SystemProductName to MacPro6,1 NOT iMacPro1,1
  6. Under Misc/Tools, you have enabled EVERY tool ! Do you know what they do and do you need them ALL ?
  7. Under UEFI/Drivers, you have enabled HFSPlus.efi AND HFSPlusLegacy.efi. You ONLY need HFSPlusLegacy.
  8. Under UEFI/Drivers, you have enabled OpenRuntime.efi which is not needed for legacy system.
Your main issues are 4. and 5 above.
For 4., you should NOT need to added the DeviceProperties for your GPU but if do wish to add it, then each of those properties should be under a Device Path for the GPU. Read Section 6.1 of the manual on how to find that path for specific to your system.
For 5., you should change the Generic/SystemProductName to iMacPro1,1 and also change the corresponding SystemSerialNumber and MLB for that model ID.
Had you clicked on the Apple logo in the menu bar and clicked "About This Mac", you will have notice that your model is NOT iMacPro1,1 but MacPro6,1

Last edited:
First of all, HEVC encoding on RX5xx GPU does NOT work with FCPX or Compressor, only H.264 works (even with iMacPro1,1 Model ID). H/W decode of both H.264 & HEVC works fine.
It does work with VideoProc. VideoProc will use the RX570 for encoding H.264 & H.265 (HEVC) but not Apple's Apps.

Secondly, your config.plist is screwed up - it's a combination of Clover & OC :lol:
Had you used a DEBUG version and turned on DEBUG, you will have noticed the warnings.

You have not read the OC manual (Configuration.pdf) document.
For EVERY item/variable you put in the config.plist, you should SEARCH the manual and understand what it does.
AFTER you have made changes to the config.plist file and BEFORE you boot your system, you should VALIDATE your config.plist with the OC utility called OCVALIDATE which you will find in OC's utilities/ocvalidate folder. It's a terminal command to which you provide the config.plist file as the parameter. It will list any issues it finds in the config.plist.
There's even an online sanity checker that you can use (though not as accurate as ocvalidate utility).

Each version of OC comes with it's own configuration.pdf document and ocvalidate utility and they should be respectively read and used with every version you download or build yourself.
There's even a differences.pdf document that details what has changed from the previous version.
Remember, OC is not finished and it evolves/changes on an hourly/daily basis.

Issues with your config.list:
  1. In ACPI, there's no AutoMerge, DisableASPM, FixHeaders, HaltEnabler, PatchAPIC in OC (that's Clover)
  2. There's no GUI variable in OC (that's Clover)
  3. There's no RtVariables variable in OC (that's Clover)
  4. Under DeviceProperties, you have added GPU device properties INCORRECTLY. Read the manual
  5. There's no SMBIOS variable outside of PlatformInfo variable in OC (that's Clover).
    In OC, SMBIOS is under PlatformInfo and it's ONLY used if Generic is set to FALSE
    You have set Generic to TRUE, which means SMBIOS will NOT be used by OC (even if was in the correct place).
    Using SMBIOS (to manually set the values is NOT recommended).
    Your Generic is used and in there you have set the SystemProductName to MacPro6,1 NOT iMacPro1,1
  6. Under Misc/Tools, you have enabled EVERY tool ! Do you know what they do and do you need them ALL ?
  7. Under UEFI/Drivers, you have enabled HFSPlus.efi AND HFSPlusLegacy.efi. You ONLY need HFSPlusLegacy.
  8. Under UEFI/Drivers, you have enabled OpenRuntime.efi which is not needed for legacy system.
Your main issues are 4. and 5 above.
For 4., you should NOT need to added the DeviceProperties for your GPU but if do wish to add it, then each of those properties should be under a Device Path for the GPU. Read Section 6.1 of the manual on how to find that path for specific to your system.
For 5., you should change the Generic/SystemProductName to iMacPro1,1 and also change the corresponding SystemSerialNumber and MLB for that model ID.
Had you clicked on the Apple logo in the menu bar and clicked "About This Mac", you will have notice that your model is NOT iMacPro1,1 but MacPro6,1

Thank you for your detailed response. As a newbie I re-used my clover config.plist early Dec 2020 and it initially booted with opencore. I only realized 2 days ago that I messed up this config and started all over again with a clean opencore plist reusing the details I already had obtained with the wrong .plist.

After reading the manual and verifying the nehalem details (dortania.github.io) plus cleaning up entries, I now have H264 and HEVIC support. Thank you for the HEVC details (what works and what doesn't work if configured correctly).

Currently I lost my audio (working on it, but still not clear why) and have the memory error in BigSur although I added and configured CustomMemory.plist.

I'm still enjoying the learning curve ;-) but I'm not finished yet. Just update the attached EFI ver2 so the errors showing up in ocvalidate are gone. Some hours later my audio was also working again. See attached other EFI

Attachments

• EFI ver2.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
  • EFI OC RX570 audio HEVC OK.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Currently I lost my audio (working on it, but still not clear why) and have the memory error in BigSur although I added and configured CustomMemory.plist.
I am testing with HP8100CMT i7-870 RX460 iMac11.3 OS10.13.6 OpenCore 0.6.6.
I'm surprised you have Big Sur running.

config.plist
Try deleting Root-> DeviceProperties-> Add-> PciRoot (0x1) / Pci (0x1B, 0x0).
Check if alcid = 13 in Root-> NVRAM-> Add-> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82-> boot-args is correct.

If you set Root-> PlatformInfo-> Generic-> SystemProductName = MacPro7,1, a warning will be displayed every time because the memory configuration is different.
If iMacPro1.1 does not succeed, it seems better to check the basic operation with MacPro6,1 and then select another.

I hope that your goals will be achieved.

I'm not sure if it's related to the issue, but the unfairgva settings in this post have improved the display so give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back