Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dummy kext update for AMD RX4XX/5XX, re-enable RX4XX/5XX GVA HEVC support on 10.15.2 beta 19C39d.

Attachments

• dummy152.kext.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 570
Dummy kext update for AMD RX4XX/5XX, re-enable RX4XX/5XX GVA HEVC support on 10.15.2 beta 19C39d.
For witch one SMBIOS work ?

Can anyone report on Safari DRM? (Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, etc)

For witch one SMBIOS work ?

For 10.15.1 and up, MacPro7,1 or iMacPro1,1.

iMacPro1,1, need latest WEG to resolve AGDP issue, some ports may not work properly.

MacPro7,1, so far has no AGDP issue, does not need WEG at all, all ports work, has memory mis-config alert issue but work fine.

Recently AMDGVAHEVCEncoder seems to be not work properly with FCPX 10.4.7/Compressor 4.4.5, work fine with Devinci Resolve.

Can anyone report on Safari DRM? (Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, etc)

I tried this on 10.15.1 with my rx560 and I still lock up on safari with Netflix/PrimeVideo.

I tried this on 10.15.1 with my rx560 and I still lock up on safari with Netflix/PrimeVideo.
Oh, yeah I knew that. I meant with 10.15.2 beta and shuhung's dummy kext above. :)

@shuhung
Update:
I am currently on 10.15 beta 2 and hevc encoding on compressor/fcpx still doesn't work for me. I have your dummy142 kext on EFI already. everything else is freaking normal. da vince is awesome tbh

my current workthrough is import timeline from fcpx to davinci and boom, problem solved. kinda love davinci though

More Update:
I installed 10.14.6 on another drive cause I had to jb my iPad Air then I took the chance to test this again on that but unfortunately still Compressor refuses to encode on my RX 580. Every other thing just works. I'm not using WEG this time. No dummy kext either. Really frustrating :(

I think I'll give up on Compressor for the moment cause H264 works fine and davinci could give me a hand so it'd be fine both ways. Hopefully could hear from you soon.

Last edited:
I am currently on 10.15 beta 2 and hevc encoding on compressor/fcpx still doesn't work for me.

Issue seems to be caused by Compressor 4.4.5, roll back to FCPX 10.4.6 and Compressor 4.4.4, AMD GVAHEVCEncoder work fine with both 10.14.6 and 10.15.2 beta

Issue seems to be caused by Compressor 4.4.5, roll back to FCPX 10.4.6 and Compressor 4.4.4, AMD GVAHEVCEncoder work fine with both 10.14.6 and 10.15.2 beta
Simply brilliant. Thank you very much.

P/S: Literraly just about to go to bed when the phone notied your reply and couldn't hesitate to try it out and it's just so nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back