Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
catalina 10.15.1 when try to play prime video in safari error unsupported plugin. I have gigabyte rx 570. using SMBIOS 19,1.
my rx 570 is used by programs that can use a GPU BUT though I have enabled the IGFX(the CPU's GPU) in BIOS it is not used in any programs. Videoproc and Handbrake can only encode HEVC h265 using rx 570 for h264 the CPU is only used if I choose Videotools encoder in handbrake it will crash the program.

So my question is what is wrong?
attached you will find my frame buffer patch

Attachments

• Framebuffer.plist
    738 bytes · Views: 107
catalina 10.15.1 when try to play prime video in safari error unsupported plugin. I have gigabyte rx 570. using SMBIOS 19,1.
my rx 570 is used by programs that can use a GPU BUT though I have enabled the IGFX(the CPU's GPU) in BIOS it is not used in any programs. Videoproc and Handbrake can only encode HEVC h265 using rx 570 for h264 the CPU is only used if I choose Videotools encoder in handbrake it will crash the program.

So my question is what is wrong?
attached you will find my frame buffer patch
Hi. I have almost same PC like yours . Z370 / 8700k / RX580. So I lost 3 days to make different config and try many many download config and same problem.. green screen on safari video. and wen I test with VideoProc sometime give H264 - 4K - OK .. HEVC -4K ok .. some time only thinking more then 2min and nothing.. some time on HEVC show 1080P or UHD - OK.. but still green screen on safari video. SO I thing main problem is serial number of CPU. May be is little different between series of Intel HD630 of 8700K. But I'm not sure. Because I make more then 20 machine with this CPU and there in no one with this problem. Hacktools / patch save on config and done. but on this case any time nothing. I remember before wen I was on High sierra I use FakeGFX and use Kabylake 5912.. I thing should try this kind of config with. but I’m not try it yet. At least I put machine on Smbios iMacPro1,1 and work like charm.
best regard

P.S. SO My CPU are from 8week , because from first 13week of manifactory of 8700K can overclock more then 5.0 easy with low voltage. after 13week also can hit 5.0 but with more voltage. I thing right here is secret of main problem of this IGPU problem :)

Last edited:
Hi. I have almost same PC like yours . Z370 / 8700k / RX580. So I lost 3 days to make different config and try many many download config and same problem.. green screen on safari video. and wen I test with VideoProc sometime give H264 - 4K - OK .. HEVC -4K ok .. some time only thinking more then 2min and nothing.. some time on HEVC show 1080P or UHD - OK.. but still green screen on safari video. SO I thing main problem is serial number of CPU. May be is little different between series of Intel HD630 of 8700K. But I'm not sure. Because I make more then 20 machine with this CPU and there in no one with this problem. Hacktools / patch save on config and done. but on this case any time nothing. I remember before wen I was on High sierra I use FakeGFX and use Kabylake 5912.. I thing should try this kind of config with. but I’m not try it yet. At least I put machine on Smbios iMacPro1,1 and work like charm.
best regard

P.S. SO My CPU are from 8week , because from first 13week of manifactory of 8700K can overclock more then 5.0 easy with low voltage. after 13week also can hit 5.0 but with more voltage. I thing right here is secret of main problem of this IGPU problem :)
@aforty
I’ll try SMBIOS 1,1 should I have to generate new serial no & board no? Etc.
Some clarifications
My hack overall works like a real Mac except for few minor problems described above. Changing SMBIOS to 1,1 will have what other effects? Will changing to 18,3 will make any difference?

I changed to iMac pro 1,1 from iMac 18,3 and just copied over the serial number. Didn’t experience I’ll effects. Had to re-login to icloud.

Edit: I have my IGPU disabled.You may have issues if you need your iGPU. Not sure.

how's everyone going for cpu power management after switching to the imacpro1,1 profile? can't get it quite right on my i7 3770
it'll either idle down to 1.6ghz and top out at 3.4ghz without turbo boost or idle down to 2.8ghz only then top out at 3.7ghz with turbo boost

edit; nevermind, ended up using cpufriend, generating a new ssdt for cpupm against the imac13,2 profile and getting 1.6-3.7ghz back :)

Last edited:
some additional/changed info from my earlier post
present SMBIOS 19,1 with iGPU enabled in BIOS and gigabyte rx570 4gb
checking method intel power gadget and GPU history in activity monitor

VideoProc only HEVC encode using intel HD 630 but during HEVC encode I see some dots in GPU history

screenshot-2019-11-06-at-6-51-09-pm-png.434678
Screenshot 2019-11-06 at 6.53.06 PM.png

CPU is also at full throttle!

playing Sony Sword demo only activity in CPU (3.5-4.1Ghz) and AMD GPU
FCP+compressor FCP mainly uses CPU for playback scrubbing compressor in HD High quality uses only CPU in HEVC 4K 8bit uses CPU +iGPU + AMD GPU in small measure.

Amazone prime and Netflix works in Chrome. Is this proper or I should change to SMBIOS 1,1?
Screenshot 2019-11-06 at 7.22.41 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-06 at 6.51.09 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-06 at 6.51.09 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 622
And did you find solution to use 8700K IGPU enable and SBIOS 19.1 / 19.2 or 8.1. ?
because I spend 3 days to make a lot of test and nothing.. only SMBIOS iMacPro 1,1 work fine with Disable IGPU-bios
write if you have any idea :)

Is anyone noticing the export difference between fcp 10.4.7 and Davinci 16? I export H.265 and for some reason FCP doesnt like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back