Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Videoproc - options etc...

Is some one find solution to work HEVC on Mojave 10.14.6 with SMBIOS different then iMacPro1.1 ?

Just enable IGPU and use iMac18,3 or iMac19,1 system definitions.

Sorry for late reply, just travelling back from Macau.

Result basically same as iMac14,x/15,x, tested with HSW G1840 + RX460.

No matter SMBIOS iMac14,x/15,x or iMacPro1,1, all without built-in frequency vector table in X86PlatformPlugin info.plist, just common XCPM control.

If want better CPU PM or PM not limited by SMBIOSs, try inject frequency vector table to X86PlatformPlugin info.plist, download CPUFriend from below link and place it to CLOVER/kexts/Other, copy attached frequency data sample to CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

See below link for detail, need lilu.kext

ssdt-3300.aml offset at 3.3 GHz, suitable for HSW/SKL/KBL CPU frequency from 2.9 GHz to 3.7 GHz.

ssdt-3500.aml offset at 3.5 GHz, suitable for HSW/SKL/KBL CPU frequency from 3.1 GHz to 3.9 GHz.

@shuhung, if I'm using this method of CPU PM, do I need to enable PluginType=1 option in config? I had been using the SSDT-3500.aml and I noticed that there were couple of ACPI errors in kernel log. When I removed the file, both errors were gone.

Now that macOS Catalina is out, what's the support like for the 4xx/5XX cards? With all the betas I had tried, the system would always hang when I accessed Netflix in Safari. Could this be a hardware encoding/decoding issue?

@CyCLoBoT I also would like to find a solution for this freezes on macOS Catalina in Safari accessing Amazon Prime Video with my RX580 setup, using iMac Pro (2017) SMBIOS, which worked really well in Mojave!
in Mojave all DRM in Safari works in HD and also HW encoding/decoding of h.264/hevc with the rRX580 ...

Looks like there's an issue with the iMacPro1,1 profile. When I tried other profiles such as iMac15,1 and iMac18,2, Netflix loads without crashing the system but then I'm not able to play any content as it gives an error:

Safari Browser - Mac
Netflix Error S7363-1260-FFFFD089

The reason for the issues you guys describe is a bug in Apple's Safari DRM that somehow only affects Polaris cards. I doubt Apple will fix this any time soon since Safari DRM only works with AMD GPUs with hardware acceleration support on macOS in iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. Since the iMacPro1,1 uses a Vega 56 or Vega 64 (where the bug doesn't exist) they won't stumble upon it. Maybe you guys can speed things up with bug reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back