Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using HDMI audio or onboard audio ? Try this EFI folder.

Thank you very much, I will try this folder. I use a sound card in the motherboard. When the sound disappears, it remains in HDMI.

Thank you very much, I will try this folder. I use a sound card in the motherboard. When the sound disappears, it remains in HDMI.

You should use the hdmi audio or the onboard audio, those work for sure.

You should use the hdmi audio or the onboard audio, those work for sure.
Checked the folder. No sound after sleep. HDMI is not convenient to use. I do not have audio speakers in the monitor.

Checked the folder. No sound after sleep. HDMI is not convenient to use. I do not have audio speakers in the monitor.

Remove -wegoff and check again.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Try this EFI. What is the name of the sound card? screen flow telestream audio?
Hi, could you please take a look at my config as well? I am in the same boat as j1979, FCP crashes when I apply effects.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 88
  • Piyush’s iMac Pro.ioreg
    6.8 MB · Views: 57
Hi, could you please take a look at my config as well? I am in the same boat as j1979, FCP crashes when I apply effects.

Here you go. Is your CPU speed steeps working correctly ? I see CPUFriend kext.

Attachments

• EFI .zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 82
Here you go. Is your CPU speed steeps working correctly ? I see CPUFriend kext.
I see that you've changed the SMBIOS to iMac18,3. Wouldn't it use iGPU for h.264 and HEVC? I want RX580 to handle both.
And yes, speed step is working. Or at least I think so, I use CPUfriend with a merged SSDT. Using just plugin type causes my machine to reboot when waking from sleep.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 5.24.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 5.24.21 PM.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back