Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCDecode -boolean yes

Code:
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCDecode -boolean yes
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCEncode -boolean yes
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes

Just doing this with the original 10.14.5 framework, and it worked fine. Just enabling iTunes DRM, no need to encode or decode on my side...

Thanks @reyder and @zakklol

Using transitions with H.264 footage in FCP X timeline causes whole machine to crash. Using iMacPro 1,1 with iGPU disabled. I don't know where to look, if someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you.
clover folder and IOreg etc are attached in post #1044

I have an interesting situation, I have hardware encoding/decoding active as shown...

I tried a few test encodes (H.264) full movies via HandBrake, and each movie took ~17min (YaY).

I did some more recently, and encode time is now ~35min (BoO)

Do you need to paste those two Terminal lines every boot? (defaults write... etc.)

Any help or guidance greatly appreciated. (does Handbrake even USE hardware encoding?)

Cheers.

EDIT: Using i7-8700 + RX 580 8GB + 16GB RAM...

Using iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS with Intel disabled in BIOS, and dummy141.kext installed.

Never mind... I was using 1.2.0, Video Toolbox introduced in 1.2.2 - updated Handbrake and now TWICE as fast !!!

where is the settings? i tried handbrake 1.2.2, cpu is 100%. how can i make use of videotoolbox?

sometimes iMovie/FCPX will cause the scree freezing, did anyone has the same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back