Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
how to check if agpm is enabled or not, and if there is anyone use the AGPMInjector

@Neo-matrix too:
For me, iMacPro 1,1 kind of work (to restore iTunes DRM playing, and could probably also work for Netflix): loss of one of my display using "InjectATI", "RadeonDeInit", "Dayman" (with framebuffer patch) with RX560 or RX580. If I try WEG without the aforementioned settings, one of my displays flash each 10 seconds.

The only working solution for me is to keep the iMac 14,2 SMBIOS without WEG and with the previous graphics settings ("InjectATI", etc...) and restore AppleGVA.framework from 10.14.4. Dummy141.kext isn't working anymore to prevent replacement of GVA framework. Not a big deal I guess. I would probably need to keep the 10.14.4 framework with 10.14.6 I would also guess.

And obviously, cute little purple lines at the boot screen before the "white flash", as already experienced in the betas.

I only use iMacPro1,1 + AGDP patch + PEGP to GFX0 rename, no WEG, without any ATI injection / FB patches, everything work fine.

iMac14,2 does not have AGDP issue, other SMBIOSs may need add AGDP patch as below

how to check if agpm is enabled or not, and if there is anyone use the AGPMInjector

Use IOReg to verify AGPM

I use a null AGPM dummy kext for AGPM, remove all AGPM properties and let OS auto detect, work fine with my RX460 and RX570.

I only use iMacPro1,1 + AGDP patch + PEGP to GFX0 rename, no WEG, without any ATI injection / FB patches, everything work fine.

Is AGDP patch required when using WEG ? (3770k + RX 580 + SMBIOS iMac pro 1.1). Thanks.

Is AGDP patch required when using WEG ? (3770k + RX 580 + SMBIOS iMac pro 1.1). Thanks.

WEG will auto apply AGDP patches on some SMBIOSs like iMacPro1,1 / MacPro6,1, but some SMBIOSs may not (like, older WEG versions may not apply AGDP patch on Macmini X.X, not sure current version will work or not).

WEG will auto apply AGDP patches on some SMBIOSs like iMacPro1,1 / MacPro6,1, but some SMBIOSs may not (like, older WEG versions may not apply AGDP patch on Macmini X.X, not sure current version will work or not).

Cheers mate !

First of all thanks a lot for this thread.
I am having issues with FCP. The whole system crashes after a bit of working in FCP. Upon checking iStat it seems that FCP is unable to release VRAM which leads to exhaustion and then crash.
I can't figure out what is it that I am doing wrong. I am using iMacPro SMBIOS with IGPU disabled, everything works well except for this annoying little bug.
Just scrubbing over transitions for couple of minutes is enough to cause a crash. I have tried it with or without Whatevergreen and it's the same result.
Can someone please look at my configuration and see if there's anything wrong? Thank you. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-17 at 9.34.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-17 at 9.34.49 PM.png
    444.5 KB · Views: 215
  • CLOVER.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 88
  • Piyush’s iMac Pro.ioreg
    6.2 MB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot 2019-05-17 at 9.44.06 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-17 at 9.44.06 PM.png
    392.5 KB · Views: 221

iMac14,2 does not have AGDP issue, other SMBIOSs may need add AGDP patch as below
View attachment 406238
Ah, yes, it was probably AGDP doing berzerk! Anyway, back to iMac 14,2 and I 'll try the AppleGVA patch of reyder first.

Try this only on test machine. I only guessing what might be wrong. I'm not gonna debug it to see what really going on because that requires setting up VM and I don't have time for that.

You probably need to fix signature:

Code:
sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/Versions/A/AppleGVA

First try VER2, it only replaces board-id in binary.

VER1 try with:

defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCDecode -boolean yes

Code:
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCDecode -boolean yes
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCEncode -boolean yes
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes
VER2 is crashing iTunes...

For VER1, will it only modify a plist or a system wide setting? I want to be able to revert back to the 10.14.4 framework in case it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back