Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
WhatEverGreen is needed for me or HEVC will not be enabled. I am on iMac Pro 1,1 with Vega 56

Here's a screenshoot of VideoProc on my system. It shows support for both HEVC and H.264. I am not using WhatEverGreen and don't have the iGPU enabled.

Attachments

• VideoProc.png
    VideoProc.png
    266 KB · Views: 232
Here's a screenshoot of VideoProc on my system. It shows support for both HEVC and H.264. I am not using WhatEverGreen and don't have the iGPU enabled.
I believe you. It must be because you have an RX 480, on my Vega it is definitely needed. That was the first thing I tried when I changed to this SMBIOS.

How did you get your graphics card name to appear at the top? Are you specifying a framebuffer?

Mine just says N/A despite H264 and HEVC being fully supported

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 18.42.48.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 18.42.48.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 92
It must be because you have an RX 480, on my Vega it is definitely needed. That was the first thing I tried when I changed to this SMBIOS.

No relevant to RX480 or Vega, in order to make AMD HEVC encoding/decoding functional, DGPU must attached to device GFX0, WEG will auto rename device XXXX to GFX0.

How did you get your graphics card name to appear at the top? Are you specifying a framebuffer?

Mine just says N/A despite H264 and HEVC being fully supported

Inject FBName will show graphics card name on VideoProc but easy cause black screen issue, if FB not perfect match your connectors layout, some ports may not functional.

So. Now that 10.14.5 is out with better AMD support, can I keep my iMac 17,1 SMBIOS and have my RX480 decode 10-bit HEVC?
What do I gain(if anything) by switching to RX480 only?(using connectorless HD530 & RX480 now with some success)
What do I have to do exactly to have my RX480 do all the H264 & HEVC encoding/decoding?

No relevant to RX480 or Vega, in order to make AMD HEVC encoding/decoding functional, DGPU must attached to device GFX0, WEG will auto rename device XXXX to GFX0.

Inject FBName will show graphics card name on VideoProc but easy cause black screen issue, if FB not perfect match your connectors layout, some ports may not functional.
Thats what I thought about the FBname Inject is not as easy as it looks. Yes, you are correct, by renaming DSDT PEGP to GFX0 and disabling WEG everything is back to normal apart from some screen tearing at boot. It's like its switching resolutions mid boot?

I tried to inject the FBName but without success. How do you did it?

Hi, how do you did it the FB injection for RX 580?

Inject FBName will show graphics card name on VideoProc
which fb name I should choose for sapphire rx470 4g d5 oc, with 2 dp, 2 hdmi and 1dvi, and I use the dp port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back