Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that RX 580 is natively supported in the latest beta build, would it cause an issue if I switched back to iMac14,2 or iMac15,1 profile? These two profiles matches the hardware that I have. I would still keep iGPU disabled.

Now that RX 580 is natively supported in the latest beta build, would it cause an issue if I switched back to iMac14,2 or iMac15,1 profile? These two profiles matches the hardware that I have. I would still keep iGPU disabled.
You can make a backup of the efi folder and try. Please report your findings.

Perhaps we can use the gpu relevant part of iMacPro1,1. ,plist in the SMBIOS which fits good to CPU Modell. In this case we remove igpu from iMac13 / 14/15 .plist and change the gpu part there with that from iMacPro1,1.

I want to try it but I don't want to introduce other problems like CPU PM. Is it enabled on Haswell with that SMBIOS? What other issues are there?

Yes PM is working as far as I can tell. Looking at the Intel Power Gadget, I see the CPU hovering around 0.8 MHZ on idle.

Installed Mojave 10.4.4 on a i5-2500k, z68 board with a Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX 570 4GB. If I disable IGPU in bios and install lilu with whatevergreen and dummy141.kext, netflix on safari and streaming on itunes play, but the screen is red the entire time with sound and the video progresses. if you put the cursor on the progress bar, you can see the preview video clearly. Switched out to an i5-3750k and z77 board with the same graphics card and experienced same phenomena but the screen is green the entire time. I am convinced that the issue is the sandy and ivy processor and that they do not play nice with the Radeon, which should work OOB. I have another 570 paired with a haswell processor and there are no issues. Has anyone successfully configured a 570 with a sandy or ivy processor (IGPU on or off) and achieve proper streaming with netflix on safari and itunes? I can get itunes streaming to work, without the dummy141 kext, but not netflix. When i add the kext, that is what causes the glitch with the playback. Using 12,2 smbios, but tried many others with no success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back