Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached you can find my entire EFI partition (my config.plist has the serials and uuid masked, you can replace your EFI partition with this one, prepared for Z95 and the board-id accurate to i7 4790K).
Also, I attach the AppleGVA.framework (10.14.2) modified by me.
The extensions, should be placed in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Ohter (this is to be prepared for the next versions of macOS). Leave the /Library/Extensions clear of unsigned files and run: sudo kextcache -I /

NOTE: The results of VDADecoderChecker should be:
Code:
familygw@imac27:~/Downloads/Clover$ ./VDADecoderChecker
Hardware acceleration is fully supported
familygw@imac27:~/Downloads/Clover$

Regards!

It works now. I moved all kexts back to Other folder. So either your framework file or the GVA kext you had in your Other folder or both together did the trick.

UPDATE:
One issue that popped up again is the Photos app crash. As soon as I start using it, the system locks up.

Last edited:
Change to “NO” (internally, modify the element <true /> to <false />) or remove (both elements, key and value) should have the same effect.
Ensure to disable or remove the elements which correspond with you board-id (if you’re using shikigva=32 bootarg, remove it).

Cheers!

i still have an issue with Encoding from HEVC to H264 system hangs.

It works now. I moved all kexts back to Other folder. So either your framework file or the GVA kext you had in your Other folder or both together did the trick.

UPDATE:
One issue that popped up again is the Photos app crash. As soon as I start using it, the system locks up.

Photos works fine for me (even without this trick).

i still have an issue with Encoding from HEVC to H264 system hangs.

Yes, this mod in the GVA framework just help to reduce the freezes. Still no native support for HVEC or H264, the problem is the Driver.

Use ig-platform-id 0x19120001, 0x19020001 may not exist on AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext (10.14.2).

Didn't help, unfortunately. Still choppy playback of 8-bit HEVC files in 10.14.2 that play fine on 10.13.1

Any suggestions?

Didn't help, unfortunately. Still choppy playback of 8-bit HEVC files in 10.14.2 that play fine on 10.13.1

Any suggestions?

See attached png, IQSV work as expect on 10.14.2, HEVC video (4K 8 bit @ 60 fps) playback OK.

Upload your EFI folder and ioreg file may helpful.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-30 at 00.16.08.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-30 at 00.16.08.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 145
Hi Shuhung,

That's very kind/ .Here's my EFI folder:

And my iojones output....

Thanks for your time & insights.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    35.6 MB · Views: 126
  • Zip's iMac.iojones
    3 MB · Views: 102
Hi Shuhung,

That's very kind/ .Here's my EFI folder:

And my iojones output....

Thanks for your time & insights.

kexts are up to date and ioreg file seems to be OK, config.plist is corrupt.
upload_2018-12-30_0-58-20.png

check for ReportCrash service usage from Activity Monitor, if present or usage is high, video playback may be choppy.

kexts are up to date and ioreg file seems to be OK, config.plist is corrupt.
View attachment 375688

check for ReportCrash service usage from Activity Monitor, if present or usage is high, video playback may be choppy.

I cut out my privacy sensitive info, so it's no longer a well formed xml file, I guess. I use a plain text editor to read and write my config.plist. Do you want a plist editor readable config.plist?

I cut out my privacy sensitive info, so it's no longer a well formed xml file, I guess. I use a plain text editor to read and write my config.plist. Do you want a plist editor readable config.plist?

Here you go.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back