Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enable AMD HEVC support for Vega GPU, same as RX 4XX/5XX but does not need X4250 dummy injector (Vega HEVC native supported by macOS), need SMBIOS supported by AppleGVA and GPU is attached to device GFX0, check GPU status with IORegistryExplorer.app.

For SMBIOS unsupported or limited support by AppleGVA like MacPro6,1, need edit/add properties to AppleGVA info.plist or install shiki.kext and add boot arg shikigva=32, it will replace board-id to iMac14,2 by default.

If GPU is not attached to device GFX0, use custom ssdt.aml change device to GFX0, or try rename PEG0 to GFX0 from Clover Acpi patch, or install WhateverGreen it will auto rename device to GFX0.

Pls notice that recently AMD H264 decoder is buggy, if you are using FCPX do not share/export file as H264 and output as HEVC instead, install Compressor.app to support HEVC output then add “Apple Devices 4K (HEVC 8-bit)” to FCPX Share/Add Destination as below.
View attachment 309916
where is custom ssdt.aml ?thank you

I think I have 8Bit HEVC decode working BUT I can't seem to make use of encode via Compressor. I have changed my smbios to an iMac Pro but no luck.

Also, I am running a Xeon 1241 v3 (no igpu on die), why am i getting "dyld_shared_cache_x86_64h"? Wouldn't the "h" at the end indicate Quicksync? That isn't currently possible for a gpuless cpu to have.

Any ideas? Thanks

I'm new to clover and hackintosh. Could you help me in the instructions on the items that I should do? I attach several screenshots, ioreg and config.plist My setup: Motherboard - GA-X79-UD5, processor - i7 3930k, Videocard - XFX VEGA64 Liquid. and old Asus R9 280x (now not plugged) I use identificator MacPro 6.1. My problem is not incoding (export) to apple h.264 h.265 in Final Cut Pro X, and not playback in player 5k, VLC, QuickTime or others...
I will be grateful for any help, thanks!

Attachments

• 2018-02-02_17-57-16.png
    2018-02-02_17-57-16.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 2018-02-02_17-57-03.png
    2018-02-02_17-57-03.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 331
  • 2018-02-02_17-56-20.png
    2018-02-02_17-56-20.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 339
  • 2018-02-02_17-39-03.png
    2018-02-02_17-39-03.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 343
  • MacPro 6.1_vega64_3930k_ga-x79-ud5.ioreg
    21.6 MB · Views: 258
  • config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 312
Also, I am running a Xeon 1241 v3 (no igpu on die), why am i getting "dyld_shared_cache_x86_64h"? Wouldn't the "h" at the end indicate Quicksync?

Seems to be dyld_shared_cache not updated, run below from terminal and upload ioreg file may help.

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

Then reboot.

I use identificator MacPro 6.1. My problem is not incoding (export) to apple h.264 h.265 in Final Cut Pro X, and not playback in player 5k, VLC, QuickTime or others...

AMD HEVC will not work in your configuration, ioreg show GPU is attached to device pci-bridge not device GFX0, need attach to GFX0.
See post #50

Attached pngs show HEVC to HEVC encoding and FCPX H264 to HEVC transcoding through Compressor.app.

Attachments

• HEVC to HEVC compressor.png
    HEVC to HEVC compressor.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 458
  • FCPX H264 to HEVC.png
    FCPX H264 to HEVC.png
    697.4 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:
I have some great news to share.

Thanks to the dummy kext at the beginning of this thread, which I then duplicated then modified for a X4000 and X4200.kext.
I now via 12.13.4 (B2) have HW acceleration for HEVC playback.
Even more positive news. I now have HW acceleration for 8 Bit HEVC encode via Compressor. (This with a Xeon / No iGPU)

As for as the naming of "dyld_shared_cache_x86_64h" with the "H" on the end.
Based upon some research it has been determined that this is normal and that the "H" indicates a Haswell system.

My problem is not incoding (export) to apple h.264 h.265 in Final Cut Pro X, and not playback in player 5k, VLC, QuickTime

I had the same problem with FCPX encoding to "Apple Devices" - this was fixed by changing just a few things in the config.plist
You can find those things in the first post of this thread --->https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-rx-vega-final-cut-h-264-fix.233067/

As for HW encode and Decode the X4250.kext at the beginning of this thread may work for you. Although my machine was booting into AMDRadeonX4200.kext so some changes to the X4250.kext were made.

1. I duplicated the Kext
2. Renamed duplicate X4200.kext
3. (Right click) Opened Kext package contents and then opened info.plist
4. Renamed anything that said 4250 to 4200 (then save)
5. Put Kext into EFI > EFI > Clover > Kexts > Other

Now on 12.13.4 (Beta 2) the OS boots to AMDRadeonX4000.kext (X4200 and X4250 no longer exist), so I did the same thing again. I duplicated the X4250.kext and made a X4000.kext

I put all three (X4250, X4200, and X4000) into EFI > EFI > Clover > Kexts > Other

As for as the naming of "dyld_shared_cache_x86_64h" with the "H" on the end.
Based upon some research it has been determined that this is normal and that the "H" indicates a Haswell system.

When IQSV is disabled, system should use "dyld_shared_cache_x86_64".
When IQSV is enabled, system should use "dyld_shared_cache_x86_64h".

Need rebuild dyld_shared_cache for both IQSV enabled and disabled, then system will use the correct dyld_shared_cache set for each build.

Edit: Pentium base IQSV + DGPU, always use "dyld_shared_cache_x86_64".

upload_2018-2-17_8-26-39.png

Last edited:

Need rebuild dyld_shared_cache for both IQSV enabled and disabled, then system will use the correct dyld_shared_cache set for each build.

View attachment 313763
update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: i386 adding dependents to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assistant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin: required dylib '@rpath/InterfaceBuilderKit.framework/Versions/A/InterfaceBuilderKit' not found, needed by '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assistant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin'
update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: x86_64h adding dependents to /System/Library/BridgeSupport/ruby-2.3/bridgesupportparser.bundle: required dylib '@rpath/libclang.dylib' not found, needed by '/System/Library/BridgeSupport/ruby-2.3/bridgesupportparser.bundle'
update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: x86_64h adding dependents to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assistant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin: required dylib '@rpath/InterfaceBuilderKit.framework/Versions/A/InterfaceBuilderKit' not found, needed by '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assistant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin'
update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: x86_64h adding dependents to /System/Library/QuickLook/Audio.qlgenerator/Contents/MacOS/Audio: required dylib '/Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework/Versions/A/iTunesLibrary' not found, needed by '/System/Library/QuickLook/Audio.qlgenerator/Contents/MacOS/Audio'

View attachment 313763

update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: i386 adding dependents to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assistant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin: required dylib '@rpath/InterfaceBuilderKit.framework/Versions/A/InterfaceBuilderKit' not found, needed by '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assistant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin'
update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: x86_64h adding dependents to /System/Library/BridgeSupport/ruby-2.3/bridgesupportparser.bundle: required dylib '@rpath/libclang.dylib' not found, needed by '/System/Library/BridgeSupport/ruby-2.3/bridgesupportparser.bundle'
update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: x86_64h adding dependents to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assistant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin: required dylib '@rpath/InterfaceBuilderKit.framework/Versions/A/InterfaceBuilderKit' not found, needed by '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assistant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin'
update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: x86_64h adding dependents to /System/Library/QuickLook/Audio.qlgenerator/Contents/MacOS/Audio: required dylib '/Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework/Versions/A/iTunesLibrary' not found, needed by '/System/Library/QuickLook/Audio.qlgenerator/Contents/MacOS/Audio'

I do not have E3 system for test, my system have 2 sets dyld_shared_cache, one set for HD630 (x86_64h) IQSV, another for RX460 (x86_64), below is RX460 rebuild dyld_shared_cache result,

update_dyld_shared_cache: i386 incorporating 626 OS dylibs, tracking 1047 others, building closures for 252 executables
update_dyld_shared_cache: x86_64 incorporating 1258 OS dylibs, tracking 1773 others, building closures for 2100 executables
update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: x86_64 adding dependents to /System/Library/BridgeSupport/ruby-2.3/bridgesupportparser.bundle: required dylib '@rpath/libclang.dylib' not found, needed by '/System/Library/BridgeSupport/ruby-2.3/bridgesupportparser.bundle'
update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: x86_64 adding dependents to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assistant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin: required dylib '@rpath/InterfaceBuilderKit.framework/Versions/A/InterfaceBuilderKit' not found, needed by '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Assistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Assistant Plugin.ibplugin/Contents/MacOS/Assistant Plugin'
update_dyld_shared_cache: warning: x86_64 adding dependents to /System/Library/QuickLook/Audio.qlgenerator/Contents/MacOS/Audio: required dylib '/Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework/Versions/A/iTunesLibrary' not found, needed by '/System/Library/QuickLook/Audio.qlgenerator/Contents/MacOS/Audio'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back