Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Motherboard
GA Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
RX 580
Ioreg file show GPU is linked to PEGP, H264 GVA decoder work, H264 DRM video should play but HEVC GVA decoder will not work. You can use Clover ACPI patch to rename PEGP to GFX0.
View attachment 371275

Issue should caused by dylb cache or DRM preference not WEG, see attached png, WEG kext is applied and iTune video work.

If you had replace or restore AppleGVA.framework before, should run below command

cd /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
sudo codesign --deep -fs - AppleGVA.framework
sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleGVA.framework
sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

Then reboot

If stiil not work, try reset DRM see below link

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.Shiki.en.md
Attached ioreg with Clover patch PEGP to GFX0

I'll try on a test disk for WEG and DRM reset,

Thanks,

Patrice

Attachments

Motherboard
GA Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
RX 580
Ioreg file show GPU is linked to PEGP, H264 GVA decoder work, H264 DRM video should play but HEVC GVA decoder will not work. You can use Clover ACPI patch to rename PEGP to GFX0.
View attachment 371275

Issue should caused by dylb cache or DRM preference not WEG, see attached png, WEG kext is applied and iTune video work.

If you had replace or restore AppleGVA.framework before, should run below command

Then reboot

AppleVGA.framework hasn't been replaced. Resetting DRM didn't solved the bug: injecting WEG = iTunes crash trying to play movies...

Anyway, as I understand, I almost have the same patches trhough dummy141 and PEGP to GFX0. The only thing is the hardcoded 6 connectors in ioreg but it doesn't matter.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
MSI AMD RX480/8GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook
You may try but my config.plist may not fit your HW configuration, pls notice that I completely disable native XCPM and use Clover HWP + HWPEnabler.kext for CPU PM.
Thanks, Shuhung.

I am not going to use your config.plist, I just want to take a look at the differences.

There's nothing in the graphics section in your config.plist? Is that right? I have 0x19020001 as ig-plaftorm-id and inject intel so I can use the HD530 for h264 hardware encoding/decoding. This is no longer necessary? Latest Whatevergreen takes care of this?

Another difference: you have -disablegfxfirmware selected(in boot)?

I have no Devices injection at all for hda, igpu, amd. Would this make a difference? No problems in HS...

Any suggestions what I should try?

Motherboard
MSI B250M PRO-VHD
CPU
i3-7100
Graphics
RX 570
I have 0x19020001 as ig-plaftorm-id and inject intel so I can use the HD530 for h264 hardware encoding/decoding.
Use ig-platform-id 0x19120001, 0x19020001 may not exist on AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext (10.14.2).

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS,
For a full list of ig-platform-id's see this post.

Motherboard
ASRock B360-HDV
CPU
i7-8700T
Graphics
RX 470
View attachment 371275

Then reboot

off topic, how could you show RX 560 fan speed, utilization and temperature? I also got Sapphire RX 560 4GB, with Gigabyte Z77P-D3. tried FakeSMC and VirtualSMC, and the sensor kexts, no luck, non of them showed up.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS,
You can use just the HWSensorsSMC2.app without installing the HWSensor3 package as that App accesses the PerformanceStatics Property of the radeon Accelerator.

Motherboard
GA Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
RX 580
off topic, how could you show RX 560 fan speed, utilization and temperature? I also got Sapphire RX 560 4GB, with Gigabyte Z77P-D3. tried FakeSMC and VirtualSMC, and the sensor kexts, no luck, non of them showed up.
Me neither but you can look in activity monitor, in "windows" - "show gpu activity": this way, you could at least monitor the GPU load (no numbers, visually only).