Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably due to Apps compatible issue.
On 10.14.1, RX470/480/570/580 native IOGVA/H264/HEVC support have suspended.

If want to re-enable AMD IOGVA/HEVC support, use dummy kext inject necessary properties to AMDRadeonX4000.kext and place it into Clover/kexts/Other/ is better than roll back AppleGVA.Framework from 10.14.0, see dummy kext sample.
Dude, you rock :headbang:It worked, many thanks :thumbup: :mrgreen::clap:

Last edited:
What do I edit in the dummy kext file? I have a GPU with device ID 0x67DF. I looked in info.plist file and am not sure what I have to change.

No device ID editing is required.
Sample kext use AppleUSBHostMergeProperties (IOClass) function for properties injection, injection/merge target is IOProviderClass (AMDRadeonX4000_AMDEllesmereGraphicsAccelerator).

Update: I placed the dummy kext in Other folder and replaced AppleGVA.framework from 10.14.1. This breaks DRM on the system. Has anyone gotten it to work?

Need rebuild DYLD cache when xxxxxxxx.framework is replaced, DRM work well with dummy kext.

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

I ran sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force and restarted computer. Tried accessing Netflix and it fails to play anything. It gives me the following error:

Netflix system requirements for HTML5 Player and Silverlight

I ran sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force and restarted computer. Tried accessing Netflix and it fails to play anything. It gives me the following error:

Netflix system requirements for HTML5 Player and Silverlight

I don't run Netfix, just tested with downloaded DRM video, work fine.
upload_2018-11-18_8-29-33.png

Try reset DRM, see below link

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.Shiki.en.md

What's the proper way of fixing permissions on the framework file after I replace it in the PrivateFrameworks folder?

Use Pacifist restore native AppleGVA.framework from OS installer is the best.
If manual replace AppleGVA.framework, should run below commands

cd /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
sudo codesign --deep -fs - AppleGVA.framework
sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleGVA.framework

Then update DYLD
sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

Sometime issue may caused by startup scripts or lockup by other apps, then may need attached utility for system cleanup/update cache.

Attachments

• tools.zip
    698.1 KB · Views: 87
When I try to verify according to the GitHub link you posted, I get the following error:

Code:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework: bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable

I used Pacifist to install the file from the 10.14.1 combo update.

When I try to verify according to the GitHub link you posted, I get the following error:

Code:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework: bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable

I used Pacifist to install the file from the 10.14.1 combo update.

Should return nothing, try manual install.

Attachments

• AppleGVA.framework.zip
    959.9 KB · Views: 94
Probably due to Apps compatible issue.
On 10.14.1, RX470/480/570/580 native IOGVA/H264/HEVC support have suspended.

If want to re-enable AMD IOGVA/HEVC support, use dummy kext inject necessary properties to AMDRadeonX4000.kext and place it into Clover/kexts/Other/ is better than roll back AppleGVA.Framework from 10.14.0, see dummy kext sample.

See post #456 (install dummy kext)

I put dummy kext in EFI/Clover/ketxs/Other but VideoProc freeze with H264/HEVC test. I need to do something more?

Thanks

Attachments

• Mac Pro.zip
    28 MB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back