Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gotten the 10.14.1 AppleGVA.Framework to work without any system freeze?
Not yet, I guess.

On my case (Haswell i7-4790K + Radeon RX 580) everything woks fine (Netflix with Safari, iTunes streaming music, etc.) using the dummy kext.
If I try to use VideoProc to test, FCPX or reconfigure the screensaver with uses something from GVA, the system is became unstable (video freezing not so audio or mouse and kbd, but with lag), and in the console I see:
kernel virtual IOReturn IOAccelEventMachine2: waitForStamp time-out waiting for AMDRadeonAccelerator stamp 7 gpu_stamp = 6...
calling to gpuRestart.

I saw a similar post (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...with-ioaccelfencemachine-errors.240066/page-2), but I not sure if is the same issue here.

UPDATE:
Looks that this problem is faced on real Macs too: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8460668?page=2

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have an Rx580 nitro+ and it works OOB with almost everything except h.264 and 265 acceleration.

Video proc it shows that I have no acceleration on these codecs, but FCPX and Compressor Both can export videos with these codecs and it exports ok (but export time is way too long), no glices or anything.

The biggest problem that I have with this graphic card is that is stuck at 300Mhz (LuxMark and GeekBench Both shows that).

At this point it has been found a solution to this ?

For the past few days I’m struggling with this to make it work, but nothing I’ve tried seems to work.

Thank you guys and I’ll apreciate very much if you can help me with this.

Hi guys, I have an Rx580 nitro+ and it works OOB with almost everything except h.264 and 265 acceleration.

Video proc it shows that I have no acceleration on these codecs, but FCPX and Compressor Both can export videos with these codecs and it exports ok (but export time is way too long), no glices or anything.

The biggest problem that I have with this graphic card is that is stuck at 300Mhz (LuxMark and GeekBench Both shows that).

At this point it has been found a solution to this ?

For the past few days I’m struggling with this to make it work, but nothing I’ve tried seems to work.

Thank you guys and I’ll apreciate very much if you can help me with this.

You need to set you RX580 as primary GPU in the BIOS and set the IGPU as "enabled" in the BIOS.
Then you need to have the right ig-platform-id in Clover config.plist e.g. 0x59120000. See here.

It is a myth that adding a dGPU will takeover the encoding/decoding functions.
macOS will look for IGPU & dGPU and use both for encoding and decoding.
When IGPU is not available (like in the old real MacPro's with Xeon), it will use the CPU + dGPU.

Post your IOREG and config.plist and list of kexts you are installing in EFI/CLOVER/kexts and anywhere else.

@macnb , the first thing that I did when I put the new card in my sistem was to set it as primary, but when I installed Rx 580 I've disabled IGPU. Most of the time stayed this way, only when I tryied different methodes to make RX580 work properly I've switched IGPU between on and off, but as I said before nothing seemed to work.

BIOS settings are:

Chipset -> VT-D: Disabled
-> Integrated Graphics: Enabled (pre-alocated 128MB to MAX)
Peripherals -> XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
-> Initial Display Output: PCI-E 1 Slot

Other setting are for normal Hackintosh settings for my MB.

I do not have other extensions except the ones in Clover/Other. I didn't mess with the sistem extensions.

With my current BIOS settings and other settings like clover plist and kext, everything works normal, except what I said in my previous post. I've noted that sys profiler doesn't shows up UHD630 but some apps like Video Proc shows it.

I've updated Mojave to 10.14.2 beta 3, but the result is still the same.

I've attached what you asked and some other screenshots below.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Sinosoidal’s iMac.ioreg
    5.7 MB · Views: 90
  • config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 15.53.00.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 15.53.00.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 16.36.05.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 16.36.05.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 16.36.29.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 16.36.29.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
I have SMBIOS 14,2
BIOS IGPU is enable, ig-platform-id: 0x04120004

system reboot by itself when using a while.

@macnb , the first thing that I did when I put the new card in my sistem was to set it as primary, but when I installed Rx 580 I've disabled IGPU. Most of the time stayed this way, only when I tryied different methodes to make RX580 work properly I've switched IGPU between on and off, but as I said before nothing seemed to work.

BIOS settings are:

Chipset -> VT-D: Disabled
-> Integrated Graphics: Enabled (pre-alocated 128MB to MAX)
Peripherals -> XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
-> Initial Display Output: PCI-E 1 Slot

Other setting are for normal Hackintosh settings for my MB.

I do not have other extensions except the ones in Clover/Other. I didn't mess with the sistem extensions.

With my current BIOS settings and other settings like clover plist and kext, everything works normal, except what I said in my previous post. I've noted that sys profiler doesn't shows up UHD630 but some apps like Video Proc shows it.

I've attached what you asked and some other screenshots below.

Thank you in advance!

macOS 10.14.2 has a different GPU management. Which SMBIOS are you using?

J
macOS 10.14.2 has a different GPU management. Which SMBIOS are you using?
i

iMac Pro 1,1. But it’s the same with other SMBIOS too. I’ve tried iMac 14,2, iMac 18,2 and 18,3. Even with Mac pro 5,1 nothing seems to change, except for quick Look and jpeg files. But now for Some reason with iMac Pro 1,1 quick Look works.

Ahh you are on the bleeding edge .... 10.14.2 beta changes by the day. Still quite unstable.

Your IGPU will not be listed in the System Profiler as Whatevergreen is setting ig-platform-id as connector-less.

Try the attached config file.
In it, ig-platform-id is set explicitly. This way, you can also try with/without using Whatevergreen.

Copy it to your Clover EFI Folder and when you boot, Press O for clover options and select the attached config file from the clover list. Select Return a two times till you get back to the main menu and boot.

Attachments

• sinosoidal-MacNB-config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Ahh you are on the bleeding edge .... 10.14.2 beta changes by the day. Still quite unstable.

Your IGPU will not be listed in the System Profiler as Whatevergreen is setting ig-platform-id as connector-less.

Try the attached config file.
In it, ig-platform-id is set explicitly. This way, you can also try with/without using Whatevergreen.

Copy it to your Clover EFI Folder and when you boot, Press O for clover options and select the attached config file from the clover list. Select Return a two times till you get back to the main menu and boot.

I've tried with your config, but things didn't change for the better, as a matter of fact, it kind made it worse.

Core clock is still stuck at 300Mhz. Next I'll try without WEG, and if still doesn't work, I don't know what to do except to reinstall the system.

Below I've attached some screenshots for you to see.

LE: without WEG results it's the same.

LE 2: I've tried your config with a clone that I have. On that clone I have 10.14.1 official release. Tried both ways with and without WEG. Nothing changed. I don't understand what's happening, where is the problem and why the system stays the same despite the changes that I try.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 21.16.53.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 21.16.53.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 21.16.56.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 21.16.56.png
    170 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 21.17.23.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 21.17.23.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 21.22.20.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 21.22.20.png