Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) big problem for me. SO wen I try to find my CPU 2xxx gen CPU in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources
there is no one MAC-XXXXX witch is that I need. So I need Mac-942B59F58194171B.plist - iMac-12,2 or Mac-7BA5B2794B2CDB12.plist but both missing. I try to find in in my old Mac Sierra and again watch same file
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources but again is missing.
So any Idea ?

SNB use ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin for CPU PM not X86PlatformPlugin, CPUFriend support both plugins, may need uncheck PluginType in clover config.plist, try create CPUFriendDataProvider.kext from attached plist.

Attachments

• iMac12_2.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 81
SNB use ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin for CPU PM not X86PlatformPlugin, CPUFriend support both plugins, may need uncheck PluginType in clover config.plist, try create CPUFriendDataProvider.kext from attached plist.
So I download CPUFriend-master.. also put iMac12_2.plist In Tool folder > terminal write ./ResourceConverter.sh -k iMac12_2.plist > and create file CPUFriendDataProvider.kext > put int EFI/....Kext/other and look what happen
I also use CPUFriend.kext / Lilu / LiluFriend / Whatevergreen /
I thing it's not OK right ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 0.08.28.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 0.08.28.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 112

Seems to be not good.
Overclocked SNB normally need custom PM ssdt, try re-generate PM ssdt by Piker ssdtprgen.sh script.

So I download CPUFriend-master.. also put iMac12_2.plist In Tool folder > terminal write ./ResourceConverter.sh -k iMac12_2.plist > and create file CPUFriendDataProvider.kext > put int EFI/....Kext/other and look what happen
I also use CPUFriend.kext / Lilu / LiluFriend / Whatevergreen /
Speedstep is working a little but not fully. You are missing a few low frequency steps. Looks like you have an SSDT for the CPU in the clover patched folder as your CPU is reaching 5.0Ghz which normally would not happen for iMac12,2 model ID frequency vectors.
Maybe you may need to regenerated that SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh with Low Freq and top Turbo speed.

What are you using to do the HEVC encoding ?
FCPX 10.4.8 and compressor 4.4.6 does not work anymore with macOS 10.15.2 and RX 5XX GPU

I use Davinci resolve. Do you need to use whatevergreen 1.3.6 to enable HEVC?

Thanks,
Joseph

I use Davinci resolve. Do you need to use whatevergreen 1.3.6 to enable HEVC?

Thanks,
Joseph
Use Whatevergreen 1.3.6 (with latest Lilu) and it will enable HEVC in Catalina 10.15.2.
Davinci Resolve will work with that setup.
If it does not, report back with your Clover EFI folder (without the themes folder)

Use Whatevergreen 1.3.6 (with latest Lilu) and it will enable HEVC in Catalina 10.15.2.
Davinci Resolve will work with that setup.
If it does not, report back with your Clover EFI folder (without the themes folder)
What about DRM in Safari though?

Dummy kext update for AMD RX4XX/5XX, re-enable RX4XX/5XX GVA HEVC support on 10.15.2 beta 19C39d.
thanks ,i solved it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back