Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use any ig-platform-id in my config.plist.
However here is what's detected by hackintool.
View attachment 440584

I use WhateverGreen 1.3.5 and Lilu 1.4.0 with no shiki boot args.

If I don't disable iGPU, videoproc reports that HEVC is enabled but DaVinci does not hardware encode. To get Hardware encoding in DaVinci I need to disable iGPU in the bios.

I can read DRM protected content in apple TV and Itunes. I can hardware encode in HEVC with DaVinci. The only problem is netflix in Safari (which is not really a problem since I have chrome).

This is what I am doing. Are you on 10.15.2?

What’s your boot arguments?

Thanks

This is what I am doing. Are you on 10.15.2?

What’s your boot arguments?

Thanks

Yes I'm on 10.15.2
Capture d’écran 2019-12-15 à 17.44.38.png

boot args: dart=0 debug=0x100 keepsyms=1

Capture d’écran 2019-12-15 à 17.45.44.png

I compiled the new WEG but is it working for anyone?
10.15.2 + RX 580 + iMacPro1,1 with same config I had in Mojave (where it all worked) and nada. If I even navigate to Netflix.com in Safari my computer freezes hard.
I had the same issue : when browsing in Netflix big hard freeze. I was afraid because after shutdown, I even got a boot loop during about 5 min. Computer rebooted during POST right after UEFI screen.

Well it works well with the last version 1.3.6 of whatevergreen

you have to compile yourself as it was not released

SMBIOS 1.1 Mac Pro with RX 580 and full HW accel (DRM, HEVC...) and iGPU disabled

Well it works well with the last version 1.3.6 of whatevergreen

you have to compile yourself as it was not released

SMBIOS 1.1 Mac Pro with RX 580 and full HW accel (DRM, HEVC...) and iGPU disabled

Is it your graphic card or quicksync doing the work?

I don't use any ig-platform-id in my config.plist.
However here is what's detected by hackintool.
View attachment 440584

I use WhateverGreen 1.3.5 and Lilu 1.4.0 with no shiki boot args.

If I don't disable iGPU, videoproc reports that HEVC is enabled but DaVinci does not hardware encode. To get Hardware encoding in DaVinci I need to disable iGPU in the bios.

I can read DRM protected content in apple TV and Itunes. I can hardware encode in HEVC with DaVinci. The only problem is netflix in Safari (which is not really a problem since I have chrome).
Once I had that error in Hackintool and it was because I had the IGPU set to auto instead of enable. Try setting it to enable and then try again.

Hi guys, I have successfully used OC with iMacPro1,1 with a few exceptions:

1. Given that I have a Haswell processor and using iMacPro1,1 do I need any/all of these boot-args lilucpu=10 agdpmod=pikera shikigva=96 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94.

2. I have IX2790 5K display but under About this Mac > Displays, it shows 4K resolution. If this were just cosmetic it would have been fine but when I reboot with apps open, on login they shift upwards making the top bar of each app inaccessible. This tells me that the system starts in 4K but then quickly switches to 5K.

Just one note: I have a NVMe SSD installed using PCIe card as my mother board doesn't have an NVMe slot. This results in RX 590 getting 8 lanes instead of 16. Not sure if this is the cause of the 5K vs 4K issue.

Thanks!

Hi guys, I have successfully used OC with iMacPro1,1 with a few exceptions:

1. Given that I have a Haswell processor and using iMacPro1,1 do I need any/all of these boot-args lilucpu=10 agdpmod=pikera shikigva=96 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94.

2. I have IX2790 5K display but under About this Mac > Displays, it shows 4K resolution. If this were just cosmetic it would have been fine but when I reboot with apps open, on login they shift upwards making the top bar of each app inaccessible. This tells me that the system starts in 4K but then quickly switches to 5K.

Just one note: I have a NVMe SSD installed using PCIe card as my mother board doesn't have an NVMe slot. This results in RX 590 getting 8 lanes instead of 16. Not sure if this is the cause of the 5K vs 4K issue.

Thanks!

Hmm, I thought that I couldn’t get hevc to work was because I‘m using OC. I’m using haswell as well, mind if you share your settings?

HEVC won't work unless you use WhateverGreen 1.3.6 - not released yet. See @david279 post on page 129. He has built from source code and attached a kext.

I also have iGPU disabled as I cannot get OC or Clover to work with it enabled. Get some allocation error no matter what settings or memory size I choose. Attached is my EFI but it is with 1.3.5 not 1.3.6, also cleared some of the SMBIOS entries.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back