Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
-wegnoigpu
With this flag no crashing but uses only 20% of GPU, That is on Monterey
Same bootloader, on Mojave (I have dual system) same version on Davinci Resolve use 100% GPU and rendering in a blink of an eye... Is there a way to fix this?

Edit:

Davinci no crashing, but FCPX freeze and crash. So again, not working even with bootflag

Last edited:
Hi!, I've a system similar to you.
Check my EFI configuration (I'm using OpenCore instead Clover).

Geekbench 4 results: avg 138K OpenCL / avg 116K Metal
DRM: Safari OK (Netflix without issues), Music, Apple TV, etc. OK.
AirPlay: OK
HVEC: OK
H.264: OK
FCPX: No issues

My video card is a Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 G1 with 8GB, and I'm spoofing the ATY,Part/ATY,Card/ATY,Rom/Vendor/Device in conjunction with WEG (I include a copy from config.plist file with these configs, check the file config-with-vga-config.plist); I heard that the Sapphire are natively recognised by macOS (plus WEG), so maybe you'll not need it.
Hi @familygw , I have the same problem and am trying to solve, I would like to use your solution, but I don't know where to start. I've seen your config-with-vga-config.plist multiple times ... those Aty values I don't know how to get them back. I have been using Vega injection on my MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost.
I'm on iMacPro1,1 and I use OpenCore 0.7.9
In the BIOS settings, no IGPU, only PCIE.
Thanks for any help.

Schermata 2022-03-10 alle 12.00.39.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back