Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First hackintosh so I'm a super noob but I'm a CS Major so also not retarded lol. Anyways so I've got an
  • Asus P6X58D Premium MOBO
  • Radeon R9 280x Gigabyte windforce
  • i7 4770 or 4770k (I can't remember tbh but I can find out if need be.)

Alright so heres where I am. I am fully booted into Yosemite and everything is pretty much working. Non safe-mode boot, audio is working, mouse keyboard working. The only problem is that my refresh rate seems low, my windows aren't transparent, and it just looks like the graphics card is not fully enabled. Failed the ripple test, whenever I log in you can see the lines refreshing down the screen slowly. Here's what I've tried. I've tried the graphicsEnabler=yes/no and I've been messing with dsdt trying to get that working but I know how easy it is to break a file like that and I haven't been able to find very good tutorials for it.

I'm not really sure how to find my video card in IORegistryExplorer but I know my card is plugged into the first slot on my board. Here's a screen shot of what came up when I searched "display".

2e7ae2c2ba.png

My question is from here is how do I inject my GPU information into my dsdt.aml assuming that I need to do that and if you think that I don't then what should I do to enable my GPU? If you need more information please ask and I'll get it. Thanks.

Edit: I've been working on this for about 12 hours but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey dude,

Yeah, you'll definitely want to check out the Post Installation -> Graphics thread over here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/

DSDT edits to inject Graphics Card details are possible, but in most cases other injection methods are easier to get your card functioning properly.

Good luck!

First hackintosh so I'm a super noob but I'm a CS Major so also not retarded lol. Anyways so I've got an
  • Asus P6X58D Premium MOBO
  • Radeon R9 280x Gigabyte windforce
  • i7 4770 or 4770k (I can't remember tbh but I can find out if need be.)
Asus P6X58D Premium board is socket 1366 - don't see how you plugged in a socket 1150 CPU and got it working :lol: , but I think you probably have a first gen Core i 900 series CPU in there.

R9 280X should work OOB. Make sure you remove internal gpu enabler = yes in your org.chameleon.boot.plist as the CPU has no internal GPU and latest MultiBeast puts this in by default.

Can you boot without a DSDT? If yes, use DPCI Manager to extract dsdt.dsl, archive it to .zip file and post it.

Ya I must have got my processors mixed up from another build or something. Anyways I've downloaded DPCIManager and I extracted the dsdt. Here is the zip. View attachment DSDT.aml.zip I also took a ss of the pci tab where my video card is highlighted. Also if you notice there is an HDMI Audio device under it as well so idk if I'll need to do something else to get that enabled as well. It's not really important honestly though.

Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 6.11.03 PM.png

I forgot to mention this kinda important detail. I have 3 monitors BUT I'm only trying with 1 right now the other 2 are unplugged and I'm just trying to get 1 working first. I would eventually like to at least get 2 going so I can do some programming. 3 would be the ultimate goal but not a huge deal. Let's just get 1 working right now though. Thanks.

Edit: Yes I can boot without a dsdt. I think...I mean I didn't have to do anything special just a PCIRootUID=1 and boom she just booted. I'm using multibeast and I have GraphicsEnabler=Yes unchecked.

Ya I must have got my processors mixed up from another build or something. Anyways I've downloaded DPCIManager and I extracted the dsdt. Here is the zip. View attachment 130338 I also took a ss of the pci tab where my video card is highlighted. Also if you notice there is an HDMI Audio device under it as well so idk if I'll need to do something else to get that enabled as well. It's not really important honestly though.

Try this. I don't guarantee I got everything needed, but it is a start in the right direction.View attachment P6X58D-DSDT.aml.zip

Just rename it to remove the board model and put it in /Extra

like this? /Extra/GV-R928xOC-3GD.aml

Edit: OOOH REMOVE the board model lol *facepalm* alright I'll try it and let you know how it goes.

Alright I did it. It's acting exactly the same so it doesn't look like it worked. Here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist if this helps.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>hidePartition</key>
<string></string>

</dict>
</plist>

My MOBO doesn't have onboard graphics so idk if that IGPEnabler flag is causing any problems.

Looking around in system information and I saw this

Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 10.48.20 AM.png

No kext loaded. I'm assuming we already knew that though right?

Alright I did it. It's acting exactly the same so it doesn't look like it worked. Here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist if this helps.

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>hidePartition</key>
<string></string>

</dict>
</plist>

My MOBO doesn't have onboard graphics so idk if that IGPEnabler flag is causing any problems.

Looking around in system information and I saw this

View attachment 130399

No kext loaded. I'm assuming we already knew that though right?
Make it look like this:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>hidePartition</key>
<string></string>

You do not need any graphics enabler in the .plist as there is no iPGU in a socket 1366 CPU and your discrete GPU is natively supported.

Alright I changed my file to that. Rebooted and still the same.

Alright I changed my file to that. Rebooted and still the same.
OK, so try adding back in the boot.plist

<string>No</string>

reboot and attach IOREG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back