Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Radeon Pulse RX570 no longer detected after BIOS update from legacy to UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68M-D2H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. eMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
My Hackintosh (GA-Z68M-D2H) had been working OK with my GPU (Radeon Pulse RX570) OOTB and with Lilu/Whatevergreen. I was driving 2 displays using display port. Only problem was several freezes per day which I've been trying to resolve for 6 months.

I upgraded the AMI BIOS (F6) to an AMI UEFI BIOS (U1G). The Hackintosh works fine with the Intel HD 4000 internal graphics (DVI + HDMI) but no longer detects the GPU (DP+DP). However, the GPU works fine under Windows 10 (DP+DP).

If I try enabling PCI or PEG and disabling the internal graphics in the UEFI BIOS, the Hackintosh won't boot (one long + 2 short beeps => GPU bad not initialised?). I've also tried using Radeondeinit and Framebuffer=Orinoco with no joy.

Suggestions appreciated.

My Hackintosh (GA-Z68M-D2H) had been working OK with my GPU (Radeon Pulse RX570) OOTB and with Lilu/Whatevergreen. I was driving 2 displays using display port. Only problem was several freezes per day which I've been trying to resolve for 6 months.

I upgraded the AMI BIOS (F6) to an AMI UEFI BIOS (U1G). The Hackintosh works fine with the Intel HD 4000 internal graphics (DVI + HDMI) but no longer detects the GPU (DP+DP). However, the GPU works fine under Windows 10 (DP+DP).

If I try enabling PCI or PEG and disabling the internal graphics in the UEFI BIOS, the Hackintosh won't boot (one long + 2 short beeps => GPU bad not initialised?). I've also tried using Radeondeinit and Framebuffer=Orinoco with no joy.

Suggestions appreciated.

Found a BIOS setting to set the default PEG to PEG1 or 2 or 3. Now works fine. Also seems to have resolved my freezing issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back