Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Radeon Pro W5500 Kernel Panic issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using the fix from @coyzjt and did not have any crashes since. Normally it would occur multiple times a day. This look very promising! :)

Yup don't want to jinx it but I'm very happy :) I wondered if this was possible to spoof it as a 5500x but I didn't have enough properties to do so.

It's been about a week since I tried the Device Properties method by @coyzjt and have not run into green screens. I'm going to mark this thread Solved for now. Thanks!!

I agree. I have been using the same method since 5 days and no problems since. Very stable! Thanks @coyzjt !!
Tried this fix yesterday, still see black screens…

Tried this fix yesterday, still see black screens…
Check your System Overview.
Make sure the "Graphics" is "Radeon Pro W5500X 8GB".
Make sure it shows W5500X, not W5500.
If the "Graphics" shows W5500, it means misconfig of pci location or something else.
If the "Graphics" shows W5500X but black screen still occurs, you can post your config.plist.
screen-shot-2021-10-13-at-23-33-30-png.530800

Greetings to all. I know that this post is several years old, but I am currently having this same problem.
I would like to know if this is possible to do with an original MacBook Pro. I'm using a Razer Core X eGPU with an AMD Radeon Pro W5500, and randomly I'm getting a green screen. Sometimes, I remove the Thunderbolt cable from the eGPU, turn off and turn on again, and reconnect the cable, and it survives. But other times, many times, it usually restarts by itself... I've wanted to do what @coyzjt explained, but I haven't been able to. To tell the truth, I have no idea what he's talking about and how to proceed...
I don't know if someone could explain the procedure for those of us who are "illiterate" in this matter, or if someone could point me to a link to a site where this procedure is explained in a more extensive and graphic way.
Thank you all guys very much in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back