1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
I've read through the Radeon Compatibility Guide (and a slew of other posts) and tried a few different combinations of settings. I was finally able to boot into OS X (the desktop) only to crash almost immediately with the following settings:
  • FakeID: 0x679A1002
  • Inject ATI: true
  • FBName: Hamachi (tried Radeon too)
  • FixDisplay: true
I've tried injecting Intel as well to no avail. I've tried booting with only iGFX set in the UEFI and crossed fingers, but the display freezes (I can SSH in) around the time the graphics drivers are loaded.

I was previously running an EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid (which I sold) with no issues. This Radeon HD 7950 is from my Mac Pro (a flashed PC version).

My config.plist, as far as I'm aware, has no conflicting settings. It's attached.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 320
No need to fake the ID, HD 7950 is in the drivers.

Did you try booting with InjectATI = false?

I tried a few more permutations:
  1. Removed FakeID, removed FBName.
  2. Removed FakeID, removed FBName, set Inject ATI to false.
  3. Removed FakeID, removed FBName, set Inject ATI to false, set Inject Intel to true.
  4. Removed FakeID, removed FBName, removed FixDisplay, set Inject ATI to false.
  5. Removed FakeID, removed FBName, removed FixDisplay, set Inject ATI to true.
None of those worked. The screen still freezes around when the graphics drivers would load, but I can still SSH in. It's also worth mentioning that the screen flashes white for one tick (before showing the same frozen screen again with the verbose output).

Any other ideas what might be going on?

Last edited:
I have a 7950 in my Mac Pro 3,1 and it works OOB because it's supported by Apple's OS X. Are you using a 7950 that uses AMD's 7950 Reference Design (port layout)? What's your card's manufacturer and model? What ports are you using on the card to connect to what kind of monitor port?

I have a 7950 in my Mac Pro 3,1 and it works OOB because it's supported by Apple's OS X. Are you using a 7950 that uses AMD's 7950 Reference Design (port layout)? What's your card's manufacturer and model? What ports are you using on the card to connect to what kind of monitor port?

I've been using this in my MacPro1,1 (working OOB) for a few years now. It's a Sapphire HD 7950, and I'm fairly certain the PCB is Reference. I'm using the first Mini DisplayPort. Though, I've tried all ports (the second MDP, HDMI, and DVI). I've attached a few pictures for clarity.

Attachments

• IMG_2577.jpg
    IMG_2577.jpg
    937.9 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_2578.jpg
    IMG_2578.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 275
  • IMG_2579.jpg
    IMG_2579.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_2580.jpg
    IMG_2580.jpg
    815 KB · Views: 282
OK. I'm stumped. That's the same card as I have.

Maybe it is just because it has been flashed :

Is that a possibility? The compatibility guide made it sound like that didn't matter.

It doesn't matter. All my flashed GPUs are working perfectly fine in my Hackintosh. Just remember that you'll lose UEFI-only boot (with CSM disabled), because the UEFI motherboard can't talk to the Mac EFI on the GPU.

Since your GPU is coming form a Mac (and has worked fine there), we can rule out any OS X compatibility issues.
Instead, it seems to be a more Hackintosh related issue. Maybe you're using a SMBIOS which doesn't match your hardware?

I guess it's a good idea to start over with a completely clean Clover boot loader on an USB drive. Only add kexts & patches that are 100% necessary. Your AMD GPU should be picked up by the driver without doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back