Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First time building, got OSX 10.6 running, updated to 10.6.7 successfully. Only resolution it's allowing me is 1024x748 - when I install ATI drivers from MultiBeast, I boot into the white screen w/Apple logo but then get the solid blue screen with nothing else happening.

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Intel i7-950
Radeon HD 6970
20GB memory
128GB SSD drive (partitioned for OSX and Win7)
1.5TB eSATA

Any help greatly appreciated!

XFX 6870 BE is working for me. Have to try more monitors when I get a chance.

I have been trying to get my VisionTek AMD (ATI) Radeon HD 6970 to work for this entire week, with little success. I recognize it's not fully supported, but I'm getting conflicting info from several areas, most saying it's supported with the newly released updates.

As described from another person, I also get 1024x768 with no options to change. When I try to use MultiBeast to configure it, I also get the white screen with the Apple logo, then blue with nothing else. I'd really like to get this card working in my Hackintosh, but I can't stand 1024x768 on a 30" monitor! so I installed an MSI Radeon HD 5770 as osx86project.org shows it as fully compatible. This is the first time I've installed without getting the "incompatible card" during boot.

I would really prefer to get this 6970 working under Mac, as my whole purpose for building is to see if I can use it for video editing and transcoding. I'd appreciate if anyone has any pointers or links they can share; I admit I'm so new to this I don't even know where to start to write scripts or even how or where I can use "kexts". Could someone kindly point me in the right direction? Thanks.:banghead: :crazy:

Gigabyte GA-EX58A-UD7, Intel Xeon 3520 2.66ghz, 12gb DDR3 RAM
currently MSI R5770 Hawk w/1gb RAM, but would love my Radeon HD 6970!

Yes, I have the same card. Wasted my money buying the Snow Leopard. Let's hope it is supported soon!!!

My motherboard is also very new. GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3. Got network to work but the sound was no go yet. But gave up since the video card is not yet supported, so no point in keep trying.

cmarsili said:
Yes, I have the same card. Wasted my money buying the Snow Leopard. Let's hope it is supported soon!!!

My motherboard is also very new. GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3. Got network to work but the sound was no go yet. But gave up since the video card is not yet supported, so no point in keep trying.
Or did you waste your money on a non-supported video card :think:

:p

eelhead said:
cmarsili said:

Or did you waste your money on a non-supported video card :think:

:p

Nope, was Mac OS. I can still use it with windows. ;-)

Hello Tonymac,
I would like to thank you very much for helping me get two working hackintoshes together in the past couple of months. I currently am working on 3 more but have the above mentioned problem with an Asus 6950 flashed to 6970. I do not have full support for the graphics card yet. Please keep me informed when support does come out.
I work in a TV studio and the sooner I can get the computers running with good graphics the better.
Thanks all again.
Look forward to hearing more soon.

Hi Otislenny,
May I ask you how you did install Snow Leopard in the first place.
I have exactly the same configuration. I followed the exact guide on Iboot. My system hangs at apple logo screen. I also tried the graphicsenabler and -x options.
Any advice is welcome! Did you use Chimera or a newer SnowLeopard DVD. (I used 10.6.3 retail)
Kees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back