Contribute
Register

Radeon HD 6770 full QE/CI! (Mountain Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X 10.8.1
CPU
Intel Core i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz
Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 6770 1 GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings!

As most of you know, the Radeon HD 6770 is not supported by Macs and you HAVE to flash your cards BIOS to that of the Radeon HD 5770.

So I came up with a final solution to this, and save the worries of flashing your 6770, losing your warranty and possibly leaving your card unusable. Check out the link below:
http://www.osx86.net/view/3185-radeon_hd_6770_full_qe-ci!_mountain_lion.html

Here's a pic for reference:

screenshot20120908at919.png

Tested on an XFX Radeon HD 6770 850M 1 GB GDDR5, VGA and DVI work perfectly fine. Not sure about HDMI.

By the way, games run perfectly smooth, I tested it with Starcraft II at Ultra settings 1366x768.

Note: you must be running the latest version Chameleon/Chimera for it to work. Also you must boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Enjoy!

good news man we hope help others

ive installed the KEXT however, when i go to about this mac it has the graphics as ATI HD 5000

i am able to change the resolution however and play the chess game so i believe QE/CI is working?

Worked for me in a Gigabyte HD6770, but two issues:
1- Geekbench have down aprox to the half compared to my old card, Geforce 210 (512 mb, DDR2)
2- Dual monitor does not work, only mirrored mode

I need to use 2 monitors, so if there is no solution for that unfortunatelly I will need to downgrade to my old Geforce 210 (512 mb, DDR2)that allows dual monitor or think about the flashing to 5770.

Have you checked HDMI including audio upto date?
Cheers
AP

Hey ever onevi need help I had a 5770 by xfx working and my son did some this to my computer and the card is now doa I just the 6770 by xfx now I cant get it to boot from anything what can I do to make this work

i have installed all kext but not working i've installed this http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=3185 Kext but after installing,restart boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f then the system loading all kext after 1 minuetes my PC restart and the screen become Black And the CPU FAN go on the Full Speed.
any solution?

Worked for me in a Gigabyte HD6770, but two issues:
1- Geekbench have down aprox to the half compared to my old card, Geforce 210 (512 mb, DDR2)
2- Dual monitor does not work, only mirrored mode

I need to use 2 monitors, so if there is no solution for that unfortunatelly I will need to downgrade to my old Geforce 210 (512 mb, DDR2)that allows dual monitor or think about the flashing to 5770.

Any update on dual monitor compatibility? I am currently looking into installing a 6770 in my Mountain lion rig. I have two monitors that i use without mirroring... is there a fix for this with the 6770 yet? i am trying to avoid flashing to 5770. if you ended up flashing please describe any things to watch out for. thanks!

Hi

I got a XFX 6770 card. I tried the linked updated Kexts. Edited the com.apple.Boot.plist. Always hangs.

Flashes the graphics screen then I see stuff about trying to load my ntfs drives.

I've tried Aticonfig of Vervet and Pithecia
GraphicsEnabler = Yes

Thing is when I boot into safemode, I get a 1920x1200 resolution and the systemreport reports that I have an ATI Radeon 5000

its not a big deal that it sees it as a 5000, I just want to be able to boot without safe mode...

any ideas?

edit: turns out to be the ATI5000 kext giving me issues...

What did you edit in the 5000 kext to make it work ? Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back