CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Per subject I have an AMD Radeon Vega 56 that started going black screen after it gets through the boot process (verbose). I tried all kinds of things but the solution was... unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging back in. Presto, login screen shows up.

Not the worst thing but obviously pretting annoying to reseat a cable on every restart.

DisplayPort ports on my GPU not working at all and I don't know if it was working before, so can't test that way.

I've updated Clover, updated various kexts (Lilu, WhateverGreen, etc) and tried out the `RadeonDeinit` graphics setting but no dice

Any ideas?

Per subject I have an AMD Radeon Vega 56 that started going black screen after it gets through the boot process (verbose). I tried all kinds of things but the solution was... unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging back in. Presto, login screen shows up.

Not the worst thing but obviously pretting annoying to reseat a cable on every restart.

DisplayPort ports on my GPU not working at all and I don't know if it was working before, so can't test that way.

I've updated Clover, updated various kexts (Lilu, WhateverGreen, etc) and tried out the `RadeonDeinit` graphics setting but no dice

Any ideas?

What model of Vega 56 do you have? Is the port layout the same as a reference card?

Usually, the ADGP fix that's incorporated in to WhateverGreen fixes cards with non-reference port layouts... However, oddly enough, there was one user who reported that he needed to add the "agdpmod=ignore" boot argument to get video...

PowerColor Red Dragon: https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1521537060

Same port layout as AMD reference card

I might try things like removing WhateverGreen next, since I'm not sure I even needed it in the first place. But it is extra annoying rebooting to try new kernel mods now :)

The ports are different from reference cards. It has 2x HDMI and 2x DisplayPort. Reference has 1x HDMI and 3x DisplayPort.

Try the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen installed in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and config.plist > System Parameters > Inject Kexts = Yes.

Thanks, will do

Is there a difference between keeping kexts in `/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other` vs. `/Library/Extensions`? Load timing?

Thanks, will do

Is there a difference between keeping kexts in `/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other` vs. `/Library/Extensions`? Load timing?

Yes, there's a difference. Lilu needs to load early and if it's in /Library/Extensions/ that may not happen. If you want to keep them in /Library/Extensions/ you can but should also use LiluFriend.

That did the trick, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back