Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Hi Gigamaxx, please could you show me an example for the right syntax in opencore?
Thanks a lot

In ProperTree it would look like this:
Capture d’écran 2021-10-13 à 22.05.17.png

In ProperTree it would look like this:
View attachment 530831
Thank you etorix. I did it but I have always the same issue: black screen after verbose (no HDMI output, but it works fine in miniDP). What I have to do again to fix it in opencore? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
What did you do to fix this issue when using Clover?
Did you fix this issue when running your system with Clover?
Were you using the same Graphics card when running Clover?

What did you do to fix this issue when using Clover?
Did you fix this issue when running your system with Clover?
Were you using the same Graphics card when running Clover?
I'm trying to create a fresh USB installer of Catalina using OpenCore, but I have black screen on boot.
My PC Is now running Sierra with Clover and the GPU works OOB.

Now I'm trying to create and USB installer with Clover.

Hello,
Somebody knows if can I use my old Radeon 6870 to install an actual build?
I have an Nvidia GTX 1060 so, if I am right, now I can't update more than High Sierra bc the drivers thing.
Thanks.

Hello,
Somebody knows if can I use my old Radeon 6870 to install an actual build?
I have an Nvidia GTX 1060 so, if I am right, now I can't update more than High Sierra bc the drivers thing.
Thanks.
A 6870 is TeraScale2 architecture which I'm reading only supports up to High Sierra, same as your GTX 1060.

the HD 6000 series of AMD GPU's lacks Metal Support, so as @Leesureone said last supported version is High Sierra. Plus the HD 6000 series were seriously buggy when running earlier versions of macOS.

For Intel-based machines, AMD Radeon RX Vega, RX 5000, and RX 6000 series GPUs (as well as Intel Iris Plus and UHD Graphics 630) are supported by Metal 3. If you want to play with the new technologies like MetalFX Upscaling, stop getting a graphics card of older generations.

For Intel-based machines, AMD Radeon RX Vega, RX 5000, and RX 6000 series GPUs (as well as Intel Iris Plus and UHD Graphics 630) are supported by Metal 3. If you want to play with the new technologies like MetalFX Upscaling, stop getting a graphics card of older generations.
Looks like I picked a good time to update from Vega 64 ---> RX 6900XT

Back