Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

I am still having a problem getting my Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 to work. I have read threads pertaining to it and a bunch of other ones. I want to install Catalina but I can't even install High Sierra. Right now I am on Sierra and when I had my GTX570 in I was able to get it working with Sierra but I couldn't get it working with High Sierra(black screen) and reboots. I got the RX580 in, now my Clover Boot screen is in the correct resolution but when it loads up I get the wrong VRAM(14mb) I tried having WEG+Lilu in the Kext/other, I tried injecting ATI, Orinoco but nothing works. I am using SMBIOS 14,2. Anything else I can try?

Hi! i have an XFX GTS XXX ED RX 580 8GB OC+ [RX-580P8DFD6] (With also nitro bios) and im unable to boot mojave and high sierra. or maybe i will not get DVI - HDMI output.
Tried this post-2123774 without success. Any suggestion
I couldn't get it to boot High Sierra or Mojave either, just Sierra but with the wrong VRAM and monitor recognition. Catalina works with no ATIinjections but Lilu and WEG in the in the kext/other folder. I was quite surprise anything works after two weeks of trying.

HDMI definitely did not work but I was able to finally get it to boot with acceleration via DP. Here's what I did since I last posted:
  • Booted into single user mode and removed old Multibeast kexts from /L/E
  • Updated Clover to 5114
  • Incidentally stupid Windows 10 update wiped my Clover UEFI boot manager and I had to recreate it.
  • Latest WEG, Lilu, FakeSMC, ALC to EFI/C/k/O
  • Changed SMBIOS from iMac14,2 to iMacPro1,1
  • agdpmod=pikera (my previous post had it as agdpmode but I don't remember if I actually tried with e or without, probably doesn't matter anyways since WEG 1.3.8 should take care of it but who knows)
It's likely that SMBIOS version was the culprit, and your suggestion of MacPro6,1 probably would have worked too.

So far everything seems to be in a good shape and stable.
Thanks a lot hammerhat, It’s solved my Sapphire RX 570 Black Screen!

I am having problems getting acceleration with HD7870 on Mojave.
I also notice that even though System Info shows the correct card, but upon running IORegistryExplorer, it show that it is using X4000.kext.
Could this be the main issue? If it is, how do I go about changing this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 09.54.43.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 09.54.43.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 10.03.18.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 10.03.18.png
    245.6 KB · Views: 105
Vega 64 issues....(it has to be....)
whenever I play a video on youtube or a game or both out of the 2 monitors ill get a random freeze, black screen that forces me to do a hard reset to my machine.

What the hell is causing this... I can be designing in Adobe CC all day and night but when I do something that uses my GPU I run the risk of my comp taking a dump, and its random.. it could be 5 min into it or 2 hours.

any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 7, i9-9900K, Vega 64 Mojave

HELP !
Asus AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, Cant make it work after installation on Catalina.

After Clean Catalina 10.15.5 Install everything goes right with the on board graphics, but when I insert my new Asus RX 5700 XT OC 8GB GDDR6, goes to black screen on boot.
Im new on it, I use Hackintosh for a long time cause a friend use to help me on install. Now, on my own, Im stack !
Please help !

Back