Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Your version of Clover appears to be quite old - a year and a half old. Is there a reason for that?

I made some changes from the time I've posted and now. I updated Clover. Added boot parameter "shikigva=16" and "swapID.kext" to EFI/clover/other/kext. I have disable the iGPU on BIOS as it's slowing down the boot process as I encounter timeout (60s) on the problem saying iGPU can't find Framebuffer.

Attaching the kext file here and the bootlog.txt for your perusal please.

Many thanks.

Edit: Just experienced a panic reboot and after restart about five minutes, encountered a freeze again. So whatever I did, not helping. I feel like going back to 1050GTX card.

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    27.2 KB · Views: 88
  • swapID.kext
    512 bytes · Views: 89
  • clover.zip
    26.7 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Clover is still the old 2018 version.... is there a reason for that?

Also, I'm not in front of a "mac" now but check that FakeSMC is up to date and in sync with the other fakesmc plugins. I see 1787 for one and 1800 for the others; shouldn't they all be in sync? Suggest grabbing Rehabman's latest and sticking with that; 1800 everywhere.

I have no idea why you'd need Swapid.kext for a 570. Can you explain?

Last edited:
Clover is still the old 2018 version.... is there a reason for that?

Also, I'm not in front of a "mac" now but check that FakeSMC is up to date and in sync with the other fakesmc plugins. I see 1787 for one and 1800 for the others; shouldn't they all be in sync? Suggest grabbing Rehabman's latest and sticking with that; 1800 everywhere.

I have no idea why you'd need Swapid.kext for a 570. Can you explain?

Looks like I need to do more research on the AMD compatibility. I am currently reading on the #1 Radeon compatibility guide. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...de-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/post-1090801
Very useful. I will post update once I am back home with my Mac again. As of now, I thought i have updated to latest Clover after clicking update. I used the 2018 version as it was that time where I started my hackintosh journey. I'll check again.
Also on Rehabman's latest kext. No I shouldn't put "swapid.kext".

Thanks

I believe I might have nailed the problem. Thanks to this forum and this guide. Thanks to dclive for chipping in. What I did was to upgrade Clover and turn on the "RadeonDeInit" option.

I will continue to monitor and feedback if problem happens again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 6.30.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 6.30.20 PM.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 6.34.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 6.34.17 PM.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 125
Hi, apparently the freeze issue is gone now. But I have discovered another "bug". When I perform airdrop HEVC video files from iPhone 8+, the files transferred successfully but with zero bytes. When I change record the video in "most compatible" format and transfer it over, I was able to airdrop. I suspect could it be RX570 my settings not supporting HEVC? Any idea how to resolve please? Been trying a while.

I believe I might have nailed the problem. Thanks to this forum and this guide. Thanks to dclive for chipping in. What I did was to upgrade Clover and turn on the "RadeonDeInit" option.

I will continue to monitor and feedback if problem happens again.

As of 10.13.6 RadeonDeInit likely isn't needed. Make two config files, one with it enabled and one without, so you can easily flip between them at bootup, and try without. I don't think you need it.

Your fakesmc files are out of sync, as of the zipfile you posted yesterday.

Looks like I need to do more research on the AMD compatibility. I am currently reading on the #1 Radeon compatibility guide. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...de-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/post-1090801
Very useful. I will post update once I am back home with my Mac again. As of now, I thought i have updated to latest Clover after clicking update. I used the 2018 version as it was that time where I started my hackintosh journey. I'll check again.
Also on Rehabman's latest kext. No I shouldn't put "swapid.kext".

Thanks

I suggest you upload another clover.zip file so we can see what you've got.

Yes, please help. HEVC supports seems to be not working. Attaching my clover again.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    32.1 MB · Views: 130
You've disabled WhateverGreen between last attempt and this one ... why?
Remove the RadeonDeInit, put WEG back, and try again.

Prior enabling RadeonDeInit, I have WEG. But it freezed. I read the guide AMD compatibility at #1. It says my card RX570 uses RadeonDeInit. After enabling that I have not encounter freeze yet. I removed WEG because I read somewhere if it uses RadeonDeInit I should remove WEG.
I recalled I did put back WEG at one stage while troubleshooting but it didn’t solve my airdrop issue though RadeonDeInit was enabled. I can try disable and enable WEG and observe the freeze and airdrop.
Thanks.

Back