Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Brilliant - thanks! I removed all boot args, was still able to boot, moved to 1.3.5, was still able to boot, and then added the shikigva=16 to the mix, and now Apple TV app plays my subscribed Apple TV shows. Thank you!

@dclive,

Glad it worked for you ...

Cheers
Jay

Just switched to WEG 1.3.6 (from 1.3.5) and LILU 1.4.1 (from 1.4.0) - both before and after with the =16 parameter in boot args - and went from an AMD 570 / i5-3570k that could not play Apple TV to one that could.

:)

with the release WEG 1.3.6 (from 1.3.5) and LILU 1.4.1 (from 1.4.0) -

@dclive,

there is no shikivga bootarg anymore is no so the best commentary:
first, this is a change of interface, and too, the shikivga is to have a common acces , not a specifique as before, 2 value are available
for instance AMD (shikivga=16)

Ever since I swapped my Nvidia GTX1050 with RX570, I started to experience mouse freezing. The only way is to do a hard reset and it is very painful moving on. The freeze happens while I just do normal browsing.

I have enable IGPU on board, PEG as primary. Disable CSM in BIOS. I have Lilu, WhateverGreen kext in my EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder. I am attaching my EFI clover in zip.

Please help.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    26.5 MB · Views: 62
Your version of Clover appears to be quite old - a year and a half old. Is there a reason for that?

with the release WEG 1.3.6 (from 1.3.5) and LILU 1.4.1 (from 1.4.0) -

@dclive,

there is no shikivga bootarg anymore is no so the best commentary:
first, this is a change of interface, and too, the shikivga is to have a common acces , not a specifique as before, 2 value are available
for instance AMD (shikivga=16)

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are saying.

Your version of Clover appears to be quite old - a year and a half old. Is there a reason for that?

I made some changes from the time I've posted and now. I updated Clover. Added boot parameter "shikigva=16" and "swapID.kext" to EFI/clover/other/kext. I have disable the iGPU on BIOS as it's slowing down the boot process as I encounter timeout (60s) on the problem saying iGPU can't find Framebuffer.

Attaching the kext file here and the bootlog.txt for your perusal please.

Many thanks.

Edit: Just experienced a panic reboot and after restart about five minutes, encountered a freeze again. So whatever I did, not helping. I feel like going back to 1050GTX card.

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    27.2 KB · Views: 88
  • swapID.kext
    512 bytes · Views: 89
  • clover.zip
    26.7 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Clover is still the old 2018 version.... is there a reason for that?

Also, I'm not in front of a "mac" now but check that FakeSMC is up to date and in sync with the other fakesmc plugins. I see 1787 for one and 1800 for the others; shouldn't they all be in sync? Suggest grabbing Rehabman's latest and sticking with that; 1800 everywhere.

I have no idea why you'd need Swapid.kext for a 570. Can you explain?

Last edited:
Clover is still the old 2018 version.... is there a reason for that?

Also, I'm not in front of a "mac" now but check that FakeSMC is up to date and in sync with the other fakesmc plugins. I see 1787 for one and 1800 for the others; shouldn't they all be in sync? Suggest grabbing Rehabman's latest and sticking with that; 1800 everywhere.

I have no idea why you'd need Swapid.kext for a 570. Can you explain?

Looks like I need to do more research on the AMD compatibility. I am currently reading on the #1 Radeon compatibility guide. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...de-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/post-1090801
Very useful. I will post update once I am back home with my Mac again. As of now, I thought i have updated to latest Clover after clicking update. I used the 2018 version as it was that time where I started my hackintosh journey. I'll check again.
Also on Rehabman's latest kext. No I shouldn't put "swapid.kext".

Thanks

I believe I might have nailed the problem. Thanks to this forum and this guide. Thanks to dclive for chipping in. What I did was to upgrade Clover and turn on the "RadeonDeInit" option.

I will continue to monitor and feedback if problem happens again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 6.30.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 6.30.20 PM.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 6.34.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 6.34.17 PM.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 125
Back