Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Hi, People

I have installed a fresh 10.14.6 with the guide from KGP X99 Guide.
Using a Asus X99 DeluxeII and dual Radeon VII suggested with a imacpro1.1 profile

Everything works fine with the install both GPU's are recognised.

They are showed into the system overview + PCI devices, but the second GPU dont show any video feed.

system-overview-GPU1.jpg
system-overview-GPU2.jpg

Code:
1002 66AF 1002 081E Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ Vega 20 [Radeon VII]                               Display controller   VGA compatible contr pci-bridge.GFX0 display         PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
1002 66AF 1002 081E Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ Vega 20 [Radeon VII]                               Display controller   VGA compatible contr pci-bridge.GFX1 display         PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
1002 AB20 1002 AB20 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ Vega 20 HDMI Audio [Radeon VII]                    Multimedia controlle Audio device         pci-bridge.HDAU pci1002,ab20    PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1)
1002 AB20 1002 AB20 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ Vega 20 HDMI Audio [Radeon VII]                    Multimedia controlle Audio device         pci-bridge.HDAU pci1002,ab20    PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1)

There are also some unknown AMD devices names

Code:
VID  DID  SVID SDID Vendor Name                    Device Name                                        Class Name           SubClass Name        IOReg Name      IOReg IOName    Device Path
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1002 14A0 0000 0000 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ ???                                                Bridge               PCI bridge            PCI0.BR3C.D077 pci-bridge      PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
1002 14A0 0000 0000 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ ???                                                Bridge               PCI bridge            PCI0.RP01.D082 pci-bridge      PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
1002 14A1 0000 0000 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ ???                                                Bridge               PCI bridge           D077.pci-bridge pci-bridge      PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
1002 14A1 0000 0000 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ ???                                                Bridge               PCI bridge           D082.pci-bridge pci-bridge      PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Into the " about this mac " under the monitor tab the attached screen is showed.

I have copied the "SSDT-X99-RadeonVII-WEGII.aml" and changed the values from IORegistryExplorer for the second GPU.
  • GPU1 = GFX0 PCI0@0 BR3C@3,2 D077@0

• GPU2 = GFX0 PCI0@0 RP01@1C D082@0

But showed only black screen and some glitches when remove/attached a DP cable.

Is the AGDPfix also required for AMD cards ? If yes, how to do this with a iMac Pro 1.1 profile ?

Hopefully somebody can help me out please, as needed I can provide the EFI Folder

Kind Regards

Last edited:
Greetings @Gigamaxx. I see that your hardware is similar to mine and I want to know if you have any special configuration in CPU and GPU? I have a Pentium G3250 and an RX 470 4gb. In Mojave I have excellent performance, however, in Catalina I have a small problem with the graphics, since gradients and shadows are shown as waves or rings. What advice do you give me? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I cant find much information on this but why cant we fakeid a nivida card to act as an amd card?
such as a gtx660ti which is native supported and works out the box, is there a way to make the cpu think its an amd? I was looking into headless platformid etc but whew im blown away.

guys i have recently got a rx 5700 (not xt), is there any kexts etc to make it work in high sierra or mojave?

I cant find much information on this but why cant we fakeid a nivida card to act as an amd card?such as a gtx660ti which is native supported and works out the box, is there a way to make the cpu think its an amd?

@Jkraze,

The whole concept around faking device id's is to force MacOS to load a driver against a device that it is not natively supported. The method is used most commonly with Intel IGPU's and works because when it comes down to it most Intel IGPU's are very similar so a unsupported IGPU can use a supported IGPU driver stack with just a few patches applied to the appropriate frame buffer.

Nvidia GPU's are totally different to AMD GPU's, different architecture, different drivers so faking a Nvidia GPU as a AMD GPU would not work as the drivers are totally incompatible, it simply would not work.

I was looking into headless platformid etc but whew im blown away.

Have a look at the section titled "Headless PlatformID's" in Chapter 4 of this guide :-

If your new to Lilu + WhatEverGreen then you should read the whole guide.

Cheers
Jay

Hi! Anyone have Radeon VII. Try to set my folder I Have everything working on the latest beta version of Catalina! Only generate new serial!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22 MB · Views: 98
Can some one help me out or have a suggestion for comment 2988

As I need the second Radeon VII GPU for my wacom cintiq+ stats screen..
Or have somebody experience with a eGPU like the Akitio Node Pro to put in the second GPU

With iMacPro 1.1 SMBIOS and a Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge PCIe card?

Back