Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

@Kuaaaly,

AMD RX 550 is not listed in the compatibility list in post #1 ...
But as you say it most likely depends on the Polaris version you GPU has ...
Let us know how you get on with it ...

Cheers
Jay

Very good news here! I received my RX 550 today and it's working OOB. Since I use the 3 video outputs (DP, HDMI, DVI) I had the "pink tint" problem on the DVI port (which I use with a DVI to HDMI adapter). Problem solved in a minute with this guide. If anyone knows a better idea to solve definitely the pink tint using Clover or EFI, I'm interested!

EDIT (solved):
  • Problem: it seems that sometimes the GPU is detected as RX 550 and sometimes RX 560...
  • Solution: this is the case (detected as 560) when the "Inject ATI" box is ticked in Clover Configurator (config.plist)

EDIT 2 (solved):
  • Problem: OOB on a fresh Mojave install Sleep / Wake & Hibernate worked well but since I restored a Time Machine backup of my MBP, hibernate stopped working. No idea why. It goes to hibernate in 1 or 2 minutes but on "wake up" I hear the computer "waking up" but I got black screen. If anyone has an idea...
  • Solution: this happened after I physically switched the GTX 1060 to PCIe slot 2 and RX 550 to PCIe slot 1. I revert this change and deactivate GTX 1060 using RehabMan SSDT trick see here for the solution in my specific case and here for global one.

IMG_1964.jpeg

IMG_1967.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone had an issue where their Hackintosh restarts halfway through booting up when a GPU is plugged in but the system boots into MacOS fine when the card is unplugged? I've tried every solution I've come across. Losing my mind trying to solve a problem for an OOB card supposedly. Rx 580, Z390, i5 9600k. (Can provide more info if anyone can actually help, getting desperate here)

Has anyone had an issue where their Hackintosh restarts halfway through booting up when a GPU is plugged in but the system boots into MacOS fine when the card is unplugged? I've tried every solution I've come across. Losing my mind trying to solve a problem for an OOB card supposedly. Rx 580, Z390, i5 9600k. (Can provide more info if anyone can actually help, getting desperate here)

Yes, your HW is supposed to work OOB. Can you attach EFI Folder?

Yes, your HW is supposed to work OOB. Can you attach EFI Folder?
This is what I'm currently using, with just the iGPU everything seems to work fine. Its when I plug the RX580 in that it gets about halfway through startup and then restarts and it does that every time until I remove the RX580. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.4 MB · Views: 88
Anyone experiencing issues with Radeon VII and Catalina? I can get mine to boot with latest stable Clover r5070, and latest drivers, but it will only work on the last DisplayPort on the card, and will only show on one monitor. It will not load or detect any other monitors. Was working fine before upgrade to Catalina. I have attached my EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 78
Anyone experiencing issues with Radeon VII and Catalina? I can get mine to boot with latest stable Clover r5070, and latest drivers, but it will only work on the last DisplayPort on the card, and will only show on one monitor. It will not load or detect any other monitors. Was working fine before upgrade to Catalina. I have attached my EFI.
I have the same issue with Vega 56. Only one DisplayPort and the HDMI works. No detect any other monitor.

Ok, I'm getting impatient and thinking of picking up a used e.g. RX 470 for $60 to be able to get hackintosh working again, since my iGPU can't do 60Hz@4k and the 5700XT isn't supported (yet).

Quick question, can I have both GPUs in my Motherboard (physically there's no problem) and use the 5700XT for Windows and RX470 with hackintosh? I'll put the 5700XT in the primary PCI-ex 16x slot and RX470 in the 8x slot, just hope the 5700XT can be disabled with hackintosh and the RX470 won't interfere in Windows.

Quick question, can I have both GPUs in my Motherboard (physically there's no problem) and use the 5700XT for Windows and RX470 with hackintosh? I'll put the 5700XT in the primary PCI-ex 16x slot and RX470 in the 8x slot, just hope the 5700XT can be disabled with hackintosh and the RX470 won't interfere in Windows.

You can (IMO)! I have RX 550 in slot 1 and, GTX 1060 in slot 2.

Under windows:
- Device Management > (right click) RX 470 > Disable device

Under macOS (EFI): not 100% sure but if possible, you gonna need to build SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml
- See that strong guide from RehabMan. OK, this is a bit "complicated" but it's actually the best solution I found for disabling a second GPU.

I think Clover added the functionality to set primary and secondary GPUs with Clover r5051.

I've never tried using it so I have no idea how well it works or how to configure it.

Back