Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Alc gives me the option of choosing the monitors by name vs hdmi, hdmi etc.. under systems preferences/audio.
It lists LG, Samsung etc..once they are calibrated in displays.

Here is my OptiPlex with WhateverGreen and no AppleALC:
Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.30.39 AM.png

Here is my OptiPlex with AppleALC and no WhateverGreen:
Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.40.07 AM.png

HDMI audio is only available when WhateverGreen is installed.

Last edited:
Here is my OptiPlex with WhateverGreen and no AppleALC:
[ATTACH alt="Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.30.39 AM.png
Here is my OptiPlex with AppleALC and no WhateverGreen:
View attachment 412875

HDMI audio is only available when WhateverGreen is installed.

I didn’t say not to use WEG just to add ALC to open up options. It also opens up the mobo input/output ports. You can’t run a mic through hdmi or DisplayPort.

Picked up a MSI RX 580. My system ends up completely freezing after a random amount of time.

EFI/Kexts has the latest lilu & WEG.

To the best of my knowledge Windows boot does not freeze up.

Any thoughts?

Hello!!
Request for help.
I used GTX 1050 on Mac OS 10.13.6 - everything worked well. I changed the video card to rx 470, after loading a have black screen. How to fix??

Hello!!
Request for help.
I used GTX 1050 on Mac OS 10.13.6 - everything worked well. I changed the video card to rx 470, after loading a have black screen. How to fix??

Enable RadeonDeinit in clover

Hello I am working off a r7 360 sapphire variant. The listed device IDs weren't working for me and resulting in black screen. Just found this in Aida, going to try on Mojave and see if any success.

Attachments

• r7 360 device id.PNG
    r7 360 device id.PNG
    22.6 KB · Views: 63
Hello I am working off a r7 360 sapphire variant. The listed device IDs weren't working for me and resulting in black screen. Just found this in Aida, going to try on Mojave and see if any success.

You might try ATI Fake ID in Clover one of these in the blue highlight. AMD8000controllerkext.

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 11.54.33 PM.png

Hello! Im very new to this all but basically I have a non reference Sapphire Dual-X R9 285.

I have 3 monitors plugged in (out of the 4 ports). 2 are dvi and the other hdmi.

Hdmi pretty much always works (however if computer sleeps or tv turns off, if i turn it back on, it goes undetected and same goes for if i unplug it) BUT only one of the dvi ports ever works out of the 2. They both show up in all stages of the boot up process right up until login.

Someone suggested the ports may be linked but i have had them work together on a random bootup at some point (where i hadn't even changed any settings) but tbf they only thing I physically did there was switch the cables round accidentally after de dusting the gpu (taking it out which I doubt would affect anything but it clearly did)...

Do you have any idea what I can do to get this setup to work? I have ordered a displayport to dvi adapter to try.

Back