Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Edit: deleted after no response. Am taking a different approach and will report back with any success at resolving the graphics glitches i was experiencing.

Last edited:
For the Shutdown have you tried clover configurator app fix shutdown option in ACPI section? see pic.

View attachment 398710

For the graphics card you could first try clover boot screen menu use cursor arrows to go to Options tab. Then go to Graphics settings. Check if the card is listed as R9 280X. if it is try inject ATi. If it works you can set it permanently with Clover Config. app. Framebuffer = Futomaki, or Hamachi. If it doesn't work or you get black screen then on to plan b.

View attachment 398714

To use Clover Configurator app open it and select Mount EFI then Open Partition, make edits and close. Reboot and test.

Unfortunately the fix shutdown didnt work. I really believe its a usb problem. My water cooler has a usb connection and its affecting my wacom after sleeps too.

In "Clover > Options > Graphics Injector" none of the checkboxes are checked, my Card DeviceID is 6978 and the system says my card is the AMD Radeon 7970x/8970/R9 280_

I dont really know what to do. Im lost. lol

HI guys, just an information. I have the following component:

Mobo: Asus Z370Prime A II
CPU: i7 8700K
GPU: Radeon RX580 8GB
MacOS: Mojave 10.14.4

When I try to run Final Cut 10.4.6 it doesn't start because the following error: "Hardware blending not supported"

In can't run FCX if I enable both iGPU (HD630) and dGPU (Radeon RX580)

Someone can help me please?

Thank you

HI guys, just an information. I have the following component:

Mobo: Asus Z370Prime A II
CPU: i7 8700K
GPU: Radeon RX580 8GB
MacOS: Mojave 10.14.4

When I try to run Final Cut 10.4.6 it doesn't start because the following error: "Hardware blending not supported"

In can't run FCX if I enable both iGPU (HD630) and dGPU (Radeon RX580)

Someone can help me please?

Thank you

Please post your EFI folder.

Does anyone suffer from crackling audio from a Vega card through DisplayPort audio (monitor has speakers)?

@izo1,

No problems with DP Audio through Vega 64 for me ... works perfect and used all the time with 34" LG 21:9 Monitor which has really good internal speakers. I am using latest versions of Lilu, WhatEverGreen and AppleALC, IGPU configured as Headless. Make sure you have the HPET option enabled in your bios, if problem persists try the Clover HPET fix.

Code:
    <key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <true/>

You can also enable the option using Clover Configurator :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@izo1,

No problems with DP Audio through Vega 64 for me ... works perfect and used all the time with 34" LG 21:9 Monitor which has really good internal speakers. I am using latest versions of Lilu, WhatEverGreen and AppleALC, IGPU configured as Headless. Make sure you have the HPET option enabled in your bios, if problem persists try the Clover HPET fix.

Code:
    <key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <true/>

You can also enable the option using Clover Configurator :-

Cheers
Jay

Thank you for that! I added an SSDT for the Radeon VII and it seems to have fixed this issue.

If it comes back I will try your recommendation.

Overall super happy about Radeon VII, and performance will get better over time.

Thank you for that! I added an SSDT for the Radeon VII and it seems to have fixed this issue....If it comes back I will try your recommendation....Overall super happy about Radeon VII, and performance will get better over time.

@izo1,

Apple have worked a lot on the AMD/Vega drivers in 10.14.5 which should resolve all remaining Vega issues when it's released including full support for Radeon VII.

Cheers
Jay

Incidentally, just checking the new Radeon VII GPUs ...

All of them seem to be carbon-copy reference designs - Gigabyte, Power Color, MSI, Sapphire, ASUS, ASRock - even XFX.

I guess that bodes well for compatibility. Well 6 out of 7 :silent:

All of them seem to be carbon-copy reference designs - Gigabyte, Power Color, MSI, Sapphire, ASUS, ASRock - even XFX.

The Sapphire works fine, I can attest for that one. :)

The only difference is the fans may have brand names on them.

Back