Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

It should be soon, don't worry. :)

Apple already dug a hole by supporting eGPUs officially, I doubt they will skip Radeon VII. Most likely it's going to power their upcoming Mac Pros and iMac Pro refreshes (if they ever do that).

And on top of it all, Vega 56/64 will be discontinued soon anyway because Radeon VII will replace it.

Not like there are any cards anyways I got an email at 7:59am from AMD while I was in the shower, when I got out of the shower at 8:30am the cards were gone already.

I'm having a problem with the R9 380X. The card works fine with Lilu + WEG. Sleep and wake is okay, Multiscreen is okay (via HDMI and DP). But unfortunately the card is not showing in HWSensor. I've tried several versions of HWsensor and gpuSensor plugin but still no luck. Is my card incompatible or unable to monitoring?

I'm having a problem with the R9 380X. ...But unfortunately the card is not showing in HWSensor.

Did you install the FakeSMC kext, supplied with your HWSensor? Your Hackintosh may boot fine with a "generic" FakeSMC kext file, however, HWSensor may not display the R9 380X fan speed, temps, etc. The matching FakeSMC file should be installed in /Library/Extension:
  1. Remove existing FakeSMC from /Library/Extension
  2. Install matching FakeSMC (downloaded in HWSensor package)
  3. Reboot Hackintosh
Note: installing the matching FakeSMC file in Clover/kexts/Other is not a fix for this problem because the system will normally load the FakeSMC file in /Library/Extensions, if any, by default.

See if this helps.

Last edited:
Did you install the FakeSMC kext, supplied with your HWSensor? Your Hackintosh may boot fine with a "generic" FakeSMC kext file, however, HWSensor may not display the R9 380X fan speed, temps, etc. The matching FakeSMC file should be installed in /Library/Extension:
  1. Remove existing FakeSMC from /Library/Extension
  2. Install matching FakeSMC (downloaded in HWSensor package)
  3. Reboot Hackintosh
Note: installing the matching FakeSMC file in Clover/kexts/Other is not a fix for this problem because the system will normally load the FakeSMC file in /Library/Extensions, if any, by default.

See if this helps.

Before ask this question I've tried to remove all FackeSMC kexts which installed previously by Multibeast. I downloaded and installed the hwsensor bundle which included fakesmc but that makes my pc unbootable. Then I tried to download from here and here. The pc boots normaly but still no sensors for gpu.

The pc boots normaly but still no sensors for gpu.

Seems like you did everything necessary.

Question: did you repair caches and permissions after removing FakeSMC kexts?

You may want to run vClad's Kext Utility, which does a pretty good job after removing kext files from /Library/Extensions.

You may want to run vClad's Kext Utility, which does a pretty good job after removing kext files from /Library/Extensions.

I installed the kexts via KextBeast. I didn't notice if it did something with the caches but I think the permissions was okay.
But yeah I will try the KextUtility.

And I discovered that the Tonga family chip is not mentioned in the GPUSensor plugin's source code. I've declared the issue in GitHub.

Would be interesting to know what the Vega 64X is in the new updated Mac Pro. Doesn't seem like it's a Radeon VII since the Radeon VII has 27.7 TFLOPs for Half Precision and 13.8 TFLOPs for Single Precision and 60 CU's (hence the name Vega 64 for 64 CUs)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 2.59.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 2.59.39 AM.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 203
Back