Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Back at it. Trying to get AMD Radeon up on my Z270X hack.

I extracted the IPX RX570 and returned it to Newegg. I put back my old NVidia GTX 950 card and booted my HS 10.13.6 OS
and at the same time ordered the Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB, that everyone says is a drop in work out of the box. Came yesterday, replaced the NVidia card today. Booted into Windows 10 from the Clover dual boot of my Hack. Everything perfect so far.

Rebooted to Clover BOOT menu, and selected my HS OSX drive, having previously turned off the NVidia WedDriver flag in conflig.plist. Tried to boot : does not work, but not a black screen.

This time screen at least pops up the Apple icon, and 1/1000th of the bar load. Then system stops.

I tried with RadeonDeInit true and false, same result.

I tried to get to single user mode but it won't get to the shell prompt. This is what verbose mode shows. I confess I don't see the problem.
I have also attached the config.plist I'm using on the USB boot disk in compressed EFI.zip file. Am I using some incompatible Drivers64UEFI file that I'm not aware of?

The model is a iMac 18,2. Is that a problem? If so why would it work with the NVidia GTX 950?

IMG_2748.JPG

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    48.2 MB · Views: 166
Back at it. Trying to get AMD Radeon up on my Z270X hack.

I extracted the IPX RX570 and returned it to Newegg. I put back my old NVidia GTX 950 card and booted my HS 10.13.6 OS
and at the same time ordered the Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB, that everyone says is a drop in work out of the box. Came yesterday, replaced the NVidia card today. Booted into Windows 10 from the Clover dual boot of my Hack. Everything perfect so far.

Rebooted to Clover BOOT menu, and selected my HS OSX drive, having previously turned off the NVidia WedDriver flag in conflig.plist. Tried to boot : does not work, but not a black screen.

This time screen at least pops up the Apple icon, and 1/1000th of the bar load. Then system stops.

I tried with RadeonDeInit true and false, same result.

I tried to get to single user mode but it won't get to the shell prompt. This is what verbose mode shows. I confess I don't see the problem.
I have also attached the config.plist I'm using on the USB boot disk in compressed EFI.zip file. Am I using some incompatible Drivers64UEFI file that I'm not aware of?

The model is a iMac 18,2. Is that a problem? If so why would it work with the NVidia GTX 950?

View attachment 373019

Try 18.1 or 18.3.
Do you have lilu and Whatevergreen Kexts?

I will try the other models.

I have tried iMac 18,1, iMac 18,2 and iMac 18,3. All fail the same way. Take a look at the image of my screen in post #2588. It is the same posting no matter which model I use.

I have tried iMac 18,1, iMac 18,2 and iMac 18,3. All fail the same way. Take a look at the image of my screen in post #2588. It is the same posting no matter which model I use.

Try this modified EFI-folder and be sure to delete all fakePCIID kexts.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    48.2 MB · Views: 197
sure to delete all fakePCIID kexts

Thanks. I'll give it a try. How do I delete the fakePCIID kexts if they exist in /Library/Extension, and I can't get to single user mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this modified EFI-folder and be sure to delete all fakePCIID kexts.

I tried. Same result. Hangs as in screenshot of #2588 posting.

Tried to get the Clover Boot option of 'Ignore Kext' to work by typing 'FakePCIID.kext' on the line. Can' see when booting if this was applied, or I don't know where to look. However after the FakePCIID message on the console the boot hangs as before.

Can someone tell me how to 'remove all FakePCIID.kexts' ?

Shouldn't I be able to boot into the recovery / install mode of this USB installer I'm using? What am I missing here?

I tried. Same result. Hangs as in screenshot of #2588 posting.

Tried to get the Clover Boot option of 'Ignore Kext' to work by typing 'FakePCIID.kext' on the line. Can' see when booting if this was applied, or I don't know where to look. However after the FakePCIID message on the console the boot hangs as before.

Can someone tell me how to 'remove all FakePCIID.kexts' ?

Shouldn't I be able to boot into the recovery / install mode of this USB installer I'm using? What am I missing here?

Did you install fakepciidkexts to Library/Extensions folder?

Did you install fakepciidkexts to Library/Extensions folder?

I may have. I can't get to single user mode or any mode to check. But I believe so. But since I can't even boot to the USB Installer/Recovery mode - i.e. as if to install High Sierra - I'm not sure this is the problem. Surely a boot to the Installer would ignore the fakepciid kexts in L/E ?

Even if I could how would I remove it and then rebuild the cache?

I have tried using the '-f' boot flag to Clover to get it to ignore the kext cache on boot, but no success. Maybe I have the wrong flag? I have tried to pass a ignore kext option in Clover boot flags, the string "FakePCIID.kext" but that didn't have any effect.

How can I get around this?

Somewhere in this Forum I read a thread about using the Clover Shell and 'map' function to get to the file system. But damn if searching doesn't find that great posting for me. Any links? I read it about a month ago and thought it interesting but now can't find the great step-by-step instructions of getting to Clover file system access.

I may have. I can't get to single user mode or any mode to check. But I believe so. But since I can't even boot to the USB Installer/Recovery mode - i.e. as if to install High Sierra - I'm not sure this is the problem. Surely a boot to the Installer would ignore the fakepciid kexts in L/E ?

Even if I could how would I remove it and then rebuild the cache?

I have tried using the '-f' boot flag to Clover to get it to ignore the kext cache on boot, but no success. Maybe I have the wrong flag? I have tried to pass a ignore kext option in Clover boot flags, the string "FakePCIID.kext" but that didn't have any effect.

How can I get around this?

Somewhere in this Forum I read a thread about using the Clover Shell and 'map' function to get to the file system. But damn if searching doesn't find that great posting for me. Any links? I read it about a month ago and thought it interesting but now can't find the great step-by-step instructions of getting to Clover file system access.

Have you tried disabling IGPU in bios? I noticed KBL in the pic you posted.

Back