Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Hi.

Hi have switched from 970 to an RX 580 too with High Sierra.

All seems running fine and the card runs with no fans during desktop and is very appreciated.

But I am experiencing some font blur that I haven't with nvidia. I was searching about subpixel rendering and so on, and now the text is better but not perfect (at OSX is near perfect font but with VMWare Windows virtual machine the text has chroma aberration (I already have checked/unchecked ClearType options in Windows)).

I have iMac 14,2 and a 4K DisplayPort monitor.

Anybody has the same trouble?

Regards.

i have a sapphire pulse rx580. do you guys now if it is possible to make osx 10.14.1 think that the card is a egpu ? and in that case, would it be more useful in final cut pro X ?.

right now i am using it in combo with the intel igpu but fcpx rarely uses the rx580. Premiere pro does the job allot better.
While I don't use FCPX, try changing the Frame Buffer from the Radeon default to Orinoco which is the Apple Frame Buffer for the early Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB card. See my post here on how to do this change.

I need some help with Vega FE and Mojave setup - in betas, I had to use iMac 18,3 and Dayman FB with Inject ATI, but since update it's broken (doesn't recognize dual DP 5K display). Any suggestion?

I need some help with Vega FE and Mojave setup - in betas, I had to use iMac 18,3 and Dayman FB with Inject ATI, but since update it's broken (doesn't recognize dual DP 5K display). Any suggestion?

Try the following:
  1. Install Lilu.kext and Vega5KFixup.kext.
  2. Remove WhateverGreen.kext if you have it installed.
  3. Reboot.

Try the following:
  1. Install Lilu.kext and Vega5KFixup.kext.
  2. Remove WhateverGreen.kext if you have it installed.
  3. Reboot.

This fixed the problem. Thank you very much pastrychef.

While I don't use FCPX, try changing the Frame Buffer from the Radeon default to Orinoco which is the Apple Frame Buffer for the early Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB card. See my post here on how to do this change.

For me it makes no difference by changing the frame buffers (Sapphire Nitro+ RX580).

So what is the reference design for the RX 5x0? According to this mod/admin, it's 1 DVI + 2 HDMI + 2 DP.

It is a AMD Reference Deign card (1 DVI, 2 HDMI and 2 DP connectors) which Apple is using in their eGPU peripheral sold only to developers. The Mac Pro users, at the MacRumor's Mac Pro forum section, have documented that it works in the cMPs (classic Mac Pros). That's the good news.

But according to the table in the first post, it's 1 DVI + 1 HDMI + 3 DP.

Thanks

So what is the reference design for the RX 5x0? According to this mod/admin, it's 1 DVI + 2 HDMI + 2 DP.

But according to the table in the first post, it's 1 DVI + 1 HDMI + 3 DP.

Thanks
The first post needs to be updated. The Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB "reference card" is 1 DVI + 2 HDMI + 2DP, and uses the Orinoco frame buffer. @Fl0r!an will update Post #1 table(s) soon.

RX590 is out it seems and has about 10-15% better performance than RX580...this is good for people who don't want to get a Vega 56/64 and hopefully its natively supported in 10.14.2

Back