Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

View attachment 359523

Update Lilu.kext and dependancies.

Thanks - So I've actually had 1.2.7 in Clover/Kexts/Other the whole time. When I look at the early boot log, I have a 1.2.1 prelinked so macos is refusing to load the newer one. Using kextstat, I see this entry:

15 0 0xffffff7f81334000 0x19000 0x19000 as.vit9696.Lilu (1.2.1) 556769C6-DA78-33EB-977F-C39420638467 <7 5 4 3 2 1>

I can't find the old lilu. Looked through finder (hidden files too) and S/L/E. Also kext cache is current.

Your help is appreciated.

@jrchiong It is probably still cached somewhere. The only way I could update in the past was to copy the new version to /L/E and then run Onyx, selecting the options to clears all caches and then reboot. On reboot, which took a few seconds longer than usual, all was solved.

Edit: Link to Onyx for those who don't know https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

Just updated to Mojave and now my Vega 64 fans no longer keep spinning when the GPU is on idle, finally... yay!

Good to know. I am building a new rig. I have the same mobo you have and I am about to get a Vega 64 liquid. Should I get it or not?

Good to know. I am building a new rig. I have the same mobo you have and I am about to get a Vega 64 liquid. Should I get it or not?
My bad, I spoke too soon.
After the GPU does something demanding like video render or playing a 3d game it won't turn off the fans once temps go back down, it stays at a low rpm :S
I have seen people mentioning some possible solutions but I haven't tried them yet.

My bad, I spoke too soon.
After the GPU does something demanding like video render or playing a 3d game it won't turn off the fans once temps go back down, it stays at a low rpm :S
I have seen people mentioning some possible solutions but I haven't tried them yet.
I am getting the liquid cooled version. The fan will be right next to Noctua NH-D15S and it will actually help cooling the CPU.

New AMD Vega12 in AMD5000kext in Mojave beta14.2

Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 4.48.03 PM.png

AMD Radeon Navi code found in the new AMD6000HWkext, Mojave 14.2 beta. Navi coming to macOS, keeper eyes on the AMD6000kext there are a few versions Navi12, Navi16, Navi10 etc.. New device ID 0x73101002. We found this in the Sierra code for Vega some time back and viola we have Vega working now. Ready for Navi? Apple is going to be testing if not already.

Navi code.png

Attachments

• Navi AMD6000kext.png
    Navi AMD6000kext.png
    366.4 KB · Views: 4,206
Last edited:
AMD Radeon Navi code found in the new AMD6000HWkext, Mojave 14.2 beta. Navi coming to macOS, keeper eyes on the AMD6000kext there are a few versions Navi12, Navi16, Navi10 etc.. New device ID 0x73101002. We found this in the Sierra code for Vega some time back and viola we have Vega working now. Ready for Navi? Apple is going to be testing if not already.

I would take that with a pinch of salt for the hackintosh world.
They have Polaris code in the current OS's but does not work for off the shelf (even eGPU listed cards).
When I say it does not work, what I mean is that GPU encoding and decoding of H.264 and HEVC does not work.
Now we see random freezes on basic usage (like Safari).
10.13.6 is more stable and I've gone back (but still no productive GPU encode or decode).

I got rid of my NVIDIA card for AMD (RX 580) and with 10.14.1, it's now totally useless for FCPX.

The fact they have Navi code, means they will have a iMac coming with Navi in it that will be so highly integrated with that specific model of the iMac, that it will most likely be impossible to use off-the-shelf cards in the hackintosh world.
That code is probably the basic drivers to control the Navi but encoding and decoding will be done by the custom T2 chip.

View attachment 363338

Very nice find!
I have a feeling they will spec bump the iMac Pro and release Mac Pro in early 2019 (for iMac Pro) and late 2019 for Mac Pro.

Back