Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

iTunes gives me some troubles when i play video.And other ppl reports that card is working without this kexts.

iTunes DRM won't be fixed by removing these kexts. Please see this thread regarding iTunes. WhateverGreen has integrated Shiki.

Has anyone been able to get full res on clover menu with a 21:9 3840x1600 Display with an AMD card?

I have CSM disabled, so at least it isn't stretched.

The BIOS and Apple logo (I have verbose disabled) aspect ratio is fine, but of course it's not running at the right resolution so it's a bit soft.

Others have mentioned that on a similar ultrawide display with an NVIDIA card, it doesn't have this problem.

Is there a way to modify Vega cards to have this support in the vBIOS?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 1.26.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 1.26.00 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 163
Do you guys have transparency problems using RX560 in macOS Mojave?

I am considering building a hackintosh with my first ATI card, in this case a Radeon 360 (2GB). Here in the thread but also by googling a bit I find people saying that those cards (360/370/380) support only one monitor on a hack. Is this still true? No dual screen support at all?

Has anyone been able to get full res on clover menu with a 21:9 3840x1600 Display with an AMD card?

I have CSM disabled, so at least it isn't stretched.

The BIOS and Apple logo (I have verbose disabled) aspect ratio is fine, but of course it's not running at the right resolution so it's a bit soft.

Others have mentioned that on a similar ultrawide display with an NVIDIA card, it doesn't have this problem.

Is there a way to modify Vega cards to have this support in the vBIOS?

hi

coming from a 1070 and I have the same pb. Don't know how to fix that. Someone tried to inject the EDID the screen?

hi

coming from a 1070 and I have the same pb. Don't know how to fix that. Someone tried to inject the EDID the screen?

Hmm someone with a 1080Ti said the resolution is fine...but with AMD its wrong

Can anyone confirm if a Sapphire HD 7870 will work + drive multiple displays on Mojave?

Everything I come across suggests that it *should* support Metal.
However, I can’t find anyone who can confirm it running specifically on Mojave.

Also- There is a lot of talk about EFI flashing? Is this actually a requirement (for a 7870)- or does it simply mean that there won’t be an image during the initial boot sequence, until correcting the GPU’s EFI?

Can anyone confirm if a Sapphire HD 7870 will work + drive multiple displays on Mojave?

Everything I come across suggests that it *should* support Metal.
However, I can’t find anyone who can confirm it running specifically on Mojave.

Also- There is a lot of talk about EFI flashing? Is this actually a requirement (for a 7870)- or does it simply mean that there won’t be an image during the initial boot sequence, until correcting the GPU’s EFI?

AMD 7xxx cards work or at least most do. XFX brand 7xxx, R9 series may require a bios flash but sapphire should be ok.
I have a Sapphire R7 265 ( clover reads as R9 270x). Mac OS reads as HD 7xxx.
AMD cards 6xxx series and below don’t hace metal so they don’t work without replacing Kexts from HS 13.6 .

Hmm someone with a 1080Ti said the resolution is fine...but with AMD its wrong
KGB has a theory on this it’s in his “live the future now X99” thread. He notes that it also happens in windows with High res monitors until the log in then everything is fine. Probably a vbios issue? Maybe it’s running on default display drivers until initiatalized in the OS?

hi

In BIOS select operating system windows 10. I have working 4k.

Back