Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

My About mac is correct. Oh, i don't know that, now i disable the Trim path in Clover. :).
I tested again and i got 2 point:
1. APFS with TRIM enable: boot startup ~30second
2. APFS without TRIM enable: boot startup ~20second

But i don't find any thread about turn off TRIM for APFS. Trim status also still happen in info. In my macbook pro( real mac) trim status is enable. Any different?

Thanks,

The difference you already said is 20 seconds to boot. APFS has a build in trim.

The difference you already said is 20 seconds to boot. APFS has a build in trim.
Hello,
Today I got a new issue when I start my Hack but and check the memory of my GPU this increase very fast to 2gb memory and don't release memory. After 1hour or more my hack very slow when switch tab or scroll page but if I sleep and wake my memory release and back to normal but it happens again and my VGA memory will grow up very fast again. Any ideal for this issue with AMD card? (My card is RX 460 Low profile with 4GB memory)

Last edited:
Hello,
Today I got a new issue when I start my Hack but I and check the memory of my GPU this increase very to 2gb memory and don't release this memory. After 1hour or more my hack very slow when switch tab or scroll page but if I sleep and wake my memory release and back to normal but it happens again and memory will grow up very fast. Any ideal and this is a issue with AMD card ?(My card is RX 460 Low profile with 4GB memory)
I got fix for this: Just make this card native. Refer: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-native-discrete-gpu-power-management.247479/.
Some trick with Ivy Chip, just changes Board-ID to match native mac and just save. Management 4gb VGA card is good.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 12.56.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 12.56.08 AM.png
    377.6 KB · Views: 458
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 12.55.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 12.55.54 AM.png
    444 KB · Views: 448
NOT recommended: Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooling
• It is unstable wihtout a modified SoftPowerPlayTable on High Sierra.
• a Radeon 290X or RX 580 is much faster on OpenGL Programs.
• on OpenCL the Vega is faster

Last edited:
Looking for some type of direction here! anything is really appreciated at this point. I have a Sapphire RADEON RX 580 NITRO+ that i cannot get to work on display port. It will load clover and then Apple bar will load till the very end and then its a black screen. at that point i can plug my monitor ( LG 4k display) into hdmi and everything shows up. I've tried w/ and w/o lilu + whatergreen. I've tried with and without redeondeinit. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this further :(

system specs are in profile and i'm running high sierra 10.13.6

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 335
Looking for some type of direction here! anything is really appreciated at this point. I have a Sapphire RADEON RX 580 NITRO+ that i cannot get to work on display port. It will load clover and then Apple bar will load till the very end and then its a black screen. at that point i can plug my monitor ( LG 4k display) into hdmi and everything shows up. I've tried w/ and w/o lilu + whatergreen. I've tried with and without redeondeinit. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this further :(

Try this edited version of your config.plist :

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 364

Go to mobo bios and set PCIE or PEG as primary display output.

That did it ! What was the difference if you don't mind me asking?
I made a few changes but I think that the significant one was changing the Board ID to that of an iMac14,2.

Don't be lazy, have a look for yourself - You learn more that way.
It is possible to open multiple instances of config.plist concurrently in Clover Configurator making it quite easy to compare.

Thanks Fl0r!an you save me. I didn't do a research before purchased a XFX RX580 upgraded from XFX HD6870 of Sierra 10.12.6. First tried lilu and whatevergreen no luck and got hang freeze reboot also can't boot into normal mode etc. Finally insert HD6870 boot with USB installer to remove lilu whatevergreen kext , a few edit of config.plist from Cover configurator, system can boot up with RX580 but only show AMD R9 xxx until read your post load vbios fix it.
I have tried out a few vbios from Asus, Gigabyte, Sapphire. Some of vbios cause panic or low performance. For my XFX RX580 Part#RX-580P8DFD6, best performance is load Sapphire.RX580.8192.171103.rom (Pulse version). I hope that can help some one with XFX card.
full

Back